Bama support staffer headed to Tennessee

You are gonna stand by him no matter what? What if its another losing season? What if its 3-9? Standing besides someone "no matter what" is fairy tale Hollywood romcom folly.
Because unlike you I understand that the talent we currently have is not good enough to compete for the East. And unlike you I believe that in time he will bring in top talent and develop it. Fans supporting him in every way may be appreciated and could way heavily on his future decisions. So yes what I said makes a lot of sense. But I guess you don't understand.

Heard the rumor that Saban was getting lonely and considering an offer from CJP to come on board in a staff position.

I have a theory. The SEC just ain't the SEC without the Vols - Tide rivalry that really is a rivalry. I think Bama wants us back and the SEC too on a level the rivalry means something. The revenue and prestige would be beyond huge if it returned in earnest. I also think TV broadcasters want us back too. This game used to be a major event. Plus few fans travel as well as Vols fans and we practically overflow the coffers when we come calling at bowl games. Was a time the orange & red was the most entertaining college game of all, no matter who was number one in the polls back then. With vast revenue now available via streaming, subscription TV, and more, Bam-Bam, unique neutral site promoters, and broadcasters know a strong Tennessee is just too good a draw to pass up. For all the disdain we seem to experience, nearly everybody wants us back. So no surprise Bama is covertly(?) trying to make it happen. Hopefully, we won't mess it up by hiring some future nitwit AD.

That post is Dobbs4Heisman-level delusional.

I have a theory. The SEC just ain't the SEC without the Vols - Tide rivalry that really is a rivalry. I think Bama wants us back and the SEC too on a level the rivalry means something. The revenue and prestige would be beyond huge if it returned in earnest. I also think TV broadcasters want us back too. This game used to be a major event. Plus few fans travel as well as Vols fans and we practically overflow the coffers when we come calling at bowl games. Was a time the orange & red was the most entertaining college game of all, no matter who was number one in the polls back then. With vast revenue now available via streaming, subscription TV, and more, Bam-Bam, unique neutral site promoters, and broadcasters know a strong Tennessee is just too good a draw to pass up. For all the disdain we seem to experience, nearly everybody wants us back. So no surprise Bama is covertly(?) trying to make it happen. Hopefully, we won't mess it up by hiring some future nitwit AD.
tenor (3).gif

He’s gonna be an incredible coach for us. He definitely knows football. It’s hard for me to believe that people who know football would actually doubt what they’re seeing. But her, that’s there opinion. Pruitt might finish as the best coach in UT History (bold prediction)

Because unlike you I understand that the talent we currently have is not good enough to compete for the East. And unlike you I believe that in time he will bring in top talent and develop it. Fans supporting him in every way may be appreciated and could way heavily on his future decisions. So yes what I said makes a lot of sense. But I guess you don't understand.
Yeah I dont understand. I don't understand why you'd stick with something no matter what if it never meets your expectations. Thats like buying a Fiero and hoping one day it turns into a Ferrari.

CJP gets 4 years. He gets the chance to shed the dead weight CBJ players and prove himself with his own guys.

Reactions: Boca Vol
That post is Dobbs4Heisman-level delusional.

D4H's posts are attempts at prophesizing. I clearly stated mine was speculative by admitting it was a theory. Unlike D4H, I don't pretend godhood. On the off chance you're trying to just be funny, I concede that humor is reason gone mad.

giphy.gif

D4H's posts are attempts at prophesizing. I clearly stated mine was speculative by admitting it was a theory. Unlike D4H, I don't divine abilities. On the off chance you're trying to just be funny, I concede that humor is reason gone mad.

Yeah I dont understand. I don't understand why you'd stick with something no matter what if it never meets your expectations. Thats like buying a Fiero and hoping one day it turns into a Ferrari.

CJP gets 4 years. He gets the chance to shed the dead weight CBJ players and prove himself with his own guys.

A like for Fiero reference

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Alabama fans want everyone to go 0-12 except them, and that they would win the NC championship every year! They don't care about Clemson, Dabo, LSU, Georgia and kirby, Florida, and they especially don't care about Tennessee! They may tell you they want that but they don't! They love Tennessee being down the same way we loved it when they were down! All this SEC, SEC, SEC, is just bull. I don't give a dang about anyone else because I was born in Tennessee!
How rude.

Seems to me that with the staff growing at the expense of arguably the best two teams in the nation and certainly the SEC we are closing the gap in coaching talent quickly. As we elevate the talent on our coaching staff theirs are weakening. I understand that this doesn't mean that we are better than they are, but it seems that the coaching talent should reasonably translate to developing player talent and recruiting at a higher level. To me this says that 2020 could be a break out year once the assitants and coaches have a full season together. This paired with the S&C coach and CJP having two full seasons to develop their systems and let the players respond to them changes the face of the team as I see it.

Side note... Is there something that CJP and Stevenson know or have seen that has prompted their moves? I understand CJP leaving a coordinator job to be a HC at a blue-blood program, but Stevenson?? It could be that he sees a problem at Bama that isn't clear to the rest of us yet (Saban getting tired?). Or he knows CJP and sees the chance at being a part of the Tennessee brand breaking out of our decade long funk. Either way I like taking from the likes of Bama and Georgia, I just wonder if there is more to it than we see at face value or if it is just typical staff and coaching moved that I am reading too far into.

Reactions: MemphisVol77

Can already tell he is the most knowledgeable football coach we have had since Fulmer in his heyday. Just have to give him enought time to restock the roster. The next 10 years are going to be a fun ride. The only concern I have seen so far is the name Propst keeps popping up by some posters on this board.

Last edited:
Reactions: FLVOL_79
Can already tell he is the most knowledgeable football coach we have had since Fulmer in his heyday. Just have to give him enought time to restock the roster. The next 10 years are going to be a fun ride.
You are right about his knowledge and he can right the shio soon and keel it on course for a while.

I'm not saying they want us to win against them. But they would like us to be a power in the east again and that game to actually mean something. Some older fans are nostalgic and want that rivalry to actually mean something.
Yeah maybe. I figure their fans love Tennessee being a terrible team as it allows them to pick up tickets cheaply when the tide play in Knoxville.

Seems to me that with the staff growing at the expense of arguably the best two teams in the nation and certainly the SEC we are closing the gap in coaching talent quickly. As we elevate the talent on our coaching staff theirs are weakening. I understand that this doesn't mean that we are better than they are, but it seems that the coaching talent should reasonably translate to developing player talent and recruiting at a higher level. To me this says that 2020 could be a break out year once the assitants and coaches have a full season together. This paired with the S&C coach and CJP having two full seasons to develop their systems and let the players respond to them changes the face of the team as I see it.

Side note... Is there something that CJP and Stevenson know or have seen that has prompted their moves? I understand CJP leaving a coordinator job to be a HC at a blue-blood program, but Stevenson?? It could be that he sees a problem at Bama that isn't clear to the rest of us yet (Saban getting tired?). Or he knows CJP and sees the chance at being a part of the Tennessee brand breaking out of our decade long funk. Either way I like taking from the likes of Bama and Georgia, I just wonder if there is more to it than we see at face value or if it is just typical staff and coaching moved that I am reading too far into.
Let’s see how much u.t. Is paying him compared to his Alabama salary. That could be the reason he jumped ship.

Saying no to wild logic doesn't require more than 'just no'.

SIGH!!!!! That's what Nancy Reagan did as I implied. AND my post wasn't logic, it was stated as a theory, which isn't nor claims to be neither fact nor logic. I also have a theory that a male neighbor of mine is a cross-dresser. That will remain a theory until actual evidence verifies it. That's how theories work. For most people that is. Oh, nevermind, for some the obvious just isn't. As for me, well...Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, and I'm going to be happy in it.

Let’s see how much u.t. Is paying him compared to his Alabama salary. That could be the reason he jumped ship.
Fair enough. If it turns out that he moved for the money I won't abandon my line of thinking, but it may have a little less support. LOL

VN Store

Back