Bama funnies

I love how one of ESPN's top feeds are "Saban takes blame for the fake field goal call" . He in no way took blame for a bad call. He said ," our idiot blocker can't block one guy " . In fairness, he's right. Sometimes you just have to roll the dice when sh** aint going right , and it backfired that time. Something to remember when our coaches make questionable calls.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Best one Ive seen yet "Round the bowl and down the hole, Roll Tide Roll". Anybody got any other good ones.

I remember the UT Cheerleading squad doing that exact cheer AT A GAME in the mid 70s. Remember the male CL getting on a microphone and leading it. I was an early teenager. Thought that was pretty cool. Anybody else ancient enough to remember non-PC things like that?

I remember the UT Cheerleading squad doing that exact cheer AT A GAME in the mid 70s. Remember the male CL getting on a microphone and leading it. I was an early teenager. Thought that was pretty cool. Anybody else ancient enough to remember non-PC things like that?
We would chant the "around the bowl and down the hole" everytime they did their "RTR" cheers.

Best one Ive seen yet "Round the bowl and down the hole, Roll Tide Roll". Anybody got any other good ones.

I was an invited walk-on at UT the fall of '78. We'd finished practice and a few players were sitting on the steps in front of Gibbs Hall later in the evening. A car load of what looked like teenage girls drove by and yelled out "Roll Tide Roll." A defensive tackle (I can see his face but can't recall his name right now) responded with "around the bowl and down the hole." First time I heard it........used it many times since.

I love how one of ESPN's top feeds are "Saban takes blame for the fake field goal call" . He in no way took blame for a bad call. He said ," our idiot blocker can't block one guy " . In fairness, he's right. Sometimes you just have to roll the dice when sh** aint going right , and it backfired that time. Something to remember when our coaches make questionable calls.

Fairness, nothing. He ain't right at all, and he's doing his usual everyone-accountable-but-me schtick. That call was TERRIBLE. All the way around. And, the kicker didn't screw up. Go watch that play again, and you'll see that the tackler was TRIPLE-TEAMED at the LOS, peeled off all 3 blocks b/c of poor effort by Bama's OL, and then made the tackle. It wasn't on the kicker.

The call itself was inexcusable. 4th & SIX, from the Clemson 20 (short field), against Clemson's DL, he thought having the kicker lead block for the holder was gonna work??!!?? Making it worse, Clemson stayed in kick safe D, they didn't have a block on. Clemson knew it was coming, showed that they knew it was coming, and Bama tried it anyway.

I swear if someone told me Butch did that I'd believe it.

Normally agree, but everyone and their mother saw that coming. He wasn't fooling anyone with that garbage kicker. Should have just kept Tua out there.

VN Store

Back