Bama BB shooting event per police report

Yes.

To be fair, Dykes has been slurping up any and all things SEC basketball related. Beginning to think he wants to make a run once Sankey retires.
Yep. Slurping is a good way to put it. Normally I like Dykes and Smith but they don’t have the nads to buck up and say something negative about Oats and Miller. Sankey might remove them from the broadcast team.

I'm not a fan of guns, myself. But they aren't illegal.
Good recruiting tool. “Come to Bama. We don’t mind our players packing.” Good Lord, are you trying to justify that it’s OK for teenagers to be toting guns around? We’ll heck, let’s just arm all the teams during the games then. Hard foul? Shoot him!

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Just announced on the broadcast that they have charged the two main guys with capital murder but there is nothing they could charge Brandon Miller with. Interesting take by the prosecutor. I’m sure it made no difference that you’re dealing with the best player in the country (Wink, Wink). Guess it’s OK to bring a gun to the scene of the crime and it gets used in said crime. Question- If Miller had refused to bring it, would there have been a murder?

Good recruiting tool. “Come to Bama. We don’t mind our players packing.” Good Lord, are you trying to justify that it’s OK for teenagers to be toting guns around? We’ll heck, let’s just arm all the teams during the games then. Hard foul? Shoot him!
You are being absurd and ridiculous. I am sure many a TN athlete exercise their constitutional right to own a firearm.

Reactions: GoVols15
You are being absurd and ridiculous. I am sure many a TN athlete exercise their constitutional right to own a firearm.
I own a gun too but I firmly believe that mush brain teenagers shouldn’t be allowed to have them. That includes Tennessee athletes. I assume you think it’s OK then for a TN athlete to bring one to a fellow teammate to kill someone? That is warped and that’s the nicest thing I can say about it.

I own a gun too but I firmly believe that mush brain teenagers shouldn’t be allowed to have them. That includes Tennessee athletes. I assume you think it’s OK then for a TN athlete to bring one to a fellow teammate to kill someone? That is warped and that’s the nicest thing I can say about it.
You really are absurd. No where did I say that. I am 100% ok with 18 year olds executing their constitutional right to own and carry a firearm while obeying local laws.

You are probably 100% for abusing women

You didn't say that, but if we are just going to make up positions for one another, there you go. And that's probably the nicest thing I can say about that

Reactions: GoVols15
You really are absurd. No where did I say that. I am 100% ok with 18 year olds executing their constitutional right to own and carry a firearm while obeying local laws.

You are probably 100% for abusing women

You didn't say that, but if we are just going to make up positions for one another, there you go. And that's probably the nicest thing I can say about that
Got no issues with a mature person owning a gun legally. Or an 18 year old trained and using one in the military. One, I don’t know many 18 year olds that I would trust with one (certainly not those guys) and two, do you really think the gun in this case was legal and permitted? And if they don’t require permits in Alabama, that would be par for the course in that state. We are obviously never going to agree on teenagers carrying guns around. Might as well just not even discuss it.

if they don’t require permits in Alabama, that would be par for the course in that state.

Just like Tennessee.

We are obviously never going to agree on teenagers carrying guns around. Might as well just not even discuss it.

Not that it makes any real difference, but neither Miles nor Miller are teenagers.

You made quite a leap there.

Got no issues with a mature person owning a gun legally. Or an 18 year old trained and using one in the military. One, I don’t know many 18 year olds that I would trust with one (certainly not those guys) and two, do you really think the gun in this case was legal and permitted? And if they don’t require permits in Alabama, that would be par for the course in that state. We are obviously never going to agree on teenagers carrying guns around. Might as well just not even discuss it.

There are a lot of people carrying that should not due to immaturity and substance abuse, to name just two reasons.

I think that assumes more than can be assumed. If Miller's attorney is correct and Miller was already en route when Miles sent the text, then Miller didn't "get in his car... to bring a gun to Miles." Like I said the in the post you quoted, Miles sent the text at 1:38. The victims flagged down a cop by BDS at 1:45. So we're talking about a roughly five minute span between text and shooting. If Miller was not already en route when the text was sent, then he had to have been very close by, had to have seen the text almost immediately after it hit his phone, and had to have jumped into action very quickly.

That's why I don't think that the text is terribly helpful in determining MIller's culpability. What I think matters is whether or not he heard the discussion between Miles and Davis, and whether or not he drove the from the scene. The text can only go so far in establishing Miller's knowledge. His actions after he arrived at the scene would go much further.
Could well have been cruising Shoney's at 1:30 a.m. with Miles' loaded weapon in his possession.

Yep. Slurping is a good way to put it. Normally I like Dykes and Smith but they don’t have the nads to buck up and say something negative about Oats and Miller. Sankey might remove them from the broadcast team.
Dykes has become a mindless drone. He's horrible

You do realize, in Tennessee, a permit is not required? One other point, I have never heard of a gun killing a person. Last time I checked it took someone pulling the trigger of a loaded firearm.

Last edited:
Times have changed or is this just an Alabama thing.

Another incident that did not result in a death or discharge of a fire arm but, suspensions and ended T Smith's time at UTK?

Says enough about Alabama.

F Smith among 4 Vols facing gun, drug charges

Timeline of New Mexico State Shooting, Hazing Incidents – NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

It is just the Alabama way.
It's clearly just an Alabama thing. Another school cancelled their whole season over less than this.

Meanwhile, a pattern of violence against women is openly condoned by the Alabama athletic department.

Kissing Bama's azz wreaks of job security.

GO VOLS!!!

But it’s OK for the players to have them off campus. Got it. Makes all the sense in the world.

By law yes.

And probably by University policy, he would have also been ok.

I was just stating if he crossed university property lines since it is their university policy, he should have been gone.

By law yes.

And probably by University policy, he would have also been ok.

I was just stating if he crossed university property lines since it is their university policy, he should have been gone.
I think he knew that and made a wide loop detour around the perimeter of the Alabama campus so I'll cut him some slack.

Reactions: Dadof2Vols
The T-shirts are terrible.
Lack of respect for our fellow human beings created those shirts and it is the same lack of respect for our fellow human beings that pointed a loaded gun at an occupied car and pulled the trigger.

Just sad on so many levels how far we have fallen in our lack of respect for each other as a society.

VN Store

Back