Bama At It Again

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
from the Clemson staff...

Clemson DC on Bama's recruiting

http://www.thestate.com/tigers/story/502251.html

“Julio? You know what, I actually ran into Julio in the spring recruiting,” Koenning said. “I said hello to him and said, ‘I guess I’ll be seeing you at the end of August.’ Then he got out and got in his Escalade and drove off. That’s serious.
“And then I went over and watched (Alabama freshman) Burton Scott at Vigor High School at the track over there, and Burton Scott was running around. He went and got in his Escalade out at track practice and drove off. So I’m familiar with those two guys.”

Clemson's definitely paying dirty poker when it comes to recuiting. He failed to mention most of his players drive escalades too.

Last edited:
Clemson not only provides SUV's, but if you sign they also throw in a stack of 100's containing about $20,000.

Yes seriously. Arkansas should be the cellar dweller in the west but Bama has struggled there. Clemson not only can but should beat Bama. Your team plays @ UGA, UT, and LSU. You haven't beaten Auburn in how long? That makes 5 teams that should be favored over the Tide.

So if things go as badly as they can and you end up 6-6 or 7-5... how long will you be willing to pay $4 million per year for that?

Yes seriously. Arkansas should be the cellar dweller in the west but Bama has struggled there. Clemson not only can but should beat Bama. Your team plays @ UGA, UT, and LSU. You haven't beaten Auburn in how long? That makes 5 teams that should be favored over the Tide.

So if things go as badly as they can and you end up 6-6 or 7-5... how long will you be willing to pay $4 million per year for that?

They're paying their players more.:)

Those games are likely losses for them. They may surprise one of them. Hope it isn't us again. Your right the love affair will probably be on the rocks with 7-5,6-6. Who knows they might want to run him out of town at 8-4. I expect him to get another year anyway no matter what happens. He'll compare the year to 9/11 or something else ridiculous and all will be forgiven.

Saban @ Bama reminds me of Spurrier @ USC... these "great" coaches look quite mortal when they don't have the talent they had where their reputations were built.

Saban's record at Bama may well end up more like the one he had at Mich St than LSU.

Saban @ Bama reminds me of Spurrier @ USC... these "great" coaches look quite mortal when they don't have the talent they had where their reputations were built.

Saban's record at Bama may well end up more like the one he had at Mich St than LSU.

He had the number 1 recruiting class last year. So if he has a top ten recruiting class this year they'll be really good. Everyone knows he can recruit, but only because of the way he does it.

I think he will be there for awhile...can't go anywhere but up.

HAHA...what has Bama proven over the last 10 years? If another program with came throwing more money at him than you guys are he would leave in heartbeat.

2007- 7-6
2006- 6-7
2005- 10-2
2004- 6-6
2003- 4-9
2002- 10-3

That's a record of 43-33 since 2002. Not very good. If he went to a program with a better record and already had better talent and threw more money at him you don't think he would leave?

I think he will be there for awhile...can't go anywhere but up.

He's had 6 jobs in about 17 years... I wouldn't count on him being around.

As for talent, last year was one of the best for HSFB in AL in awhile. He'll continue to get most of the AL kids and a few out of staters... but Shula did that.

Word gets around pretty quickly and he has a reputation as a negative recruiter and can't be telling all those kids a realistic truth. How long will DL's keep believing that they won't be buried on the depth chart by the guys he promised early PT to the year before?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back