Bama a 30 point Favorite Over Tennessee?

Trying to keep this game close , I hope does not cause us to lose some of our most valuable players. I had rather forfeit the game than lose our best players. Everyone in the world knows we do not have the depth and players to compete with Alabama. Any major injuries is not worth it in my opinion.

In setting the spread, you have to take note of the fact that while Tennessee has played better, they still aren't scoring points.

While reading your posts, you have to take note of the fact that while a gator fan posting in volnation, you still aren't scoring any points either

35.5.. Wow. If that ain’t bulletin board material, idk what is. Ok guys, we can start the game up 35-0, and still lose. They don’t respect y’all. I’d be preaching that all week.
I mean it could very well happen, but still...

The last 3 games in this rivalry, Alabama has won each game by at least 35 points. This is what the rivalry has been about in a while.

Watching those Bama receivers they'll cover more than likely. You have to crowd the line if you hope to slow them down. They're the best i've seen at YAC..

If I were considering a wager, I might ask: do I have confidence we can score a TD or more against their D. Then, I might ask if it's likely that they will score 42 points or more.

Speaking of Al...driving through Tusculussa now, went into a restuarant for lunch...you would have thought Satan's spawn walked in with the entire family wearing TN Vols clothing. :)

It's heartening that they still give us hate instead of pity. When the tables turn, I will give them the same respect. I failed to do that in the late 90's and early 00's, allowing hubris to take over. Now I must still feel the sting of that every year when we take our annual beating.

Reactions: Sara Clark
It's heartening that they still give us hate instead of pity. When the tables turn, I will give them the same respect. I failed to do that in the late 90's and early 00's, allowing hubris to take over. Now I must still feel the sting of that every year when we take our annual beating.

It takes humility to admit something about a personal weakness. As an individual, it's a great lesson. I seldom transfer my total disdain for fulmer to Tennessee fans. Usually, just talk about the rivalry and let it go at that. Living a few years in Milan during one of our winning stretches in the early 90s allowed me to just wear my gear around town and let the games speak for themselves. The rivalry matters a lot more personally then making the world aware of how you feel. However, if I ever got in a room with that butthole of a human being known as the great pumpkin, all bets are off. The only regret I have about this rivalry is the speed he was run out of the orange football facility after only 2 good Bama beatdowns. Watching him trying to win again as AD with Alabama players is a nice consolation prize though. Was that too personal?

I know we are not apt to win, but upsets do happen. I am reminded of I believe 1985 sugar bowl against miami, we were supposed to get blown out but we won. Just last week no way sc could beat ga, but they did. Any team can be beat on a given day. Do we have the talent bama has, absolutely not, but always go into a game believing you can win. No way ga. st. was supposed to beat us this year, but they did, and on paper we were much more talented than they were. I don't expect us to win but it could happen. I at least want us to play them closer than last year and will take an upset win lol.

Miami wasn't a 35 point favorite and Tennessee had a bunch of NFL talent on that 85 team; (Oline) and the fastest guy on the field too. I think Miami was like a 7-10 point fav.

If we could do it 37 years ago, we should be able to do it again this week, makes sense to me. Coach Pruitt was only 7 years old then, he'd have to look at some really old game film, but nobody that played there or here was there, still it would be nice to see how the stadium has changed during that time...just saying.
Talk about being able to see the change! Great Post!

Reactions: Sara Clark
The Vols will learn even more after this game. They start learning how to win even more. I think this young team goes even further after this week. Alabama will regret playing us in this one, because we learn the winning ways of them this week. We start turning the tide after this one. The light will come on even more, and we start that culture of winning. Thanks Saban for showing Pruitt, our kids, and our staff what to do after this game. I say Pruitt already knew what to do when he got here, but this game opens the door of becoming Tennessee again. Why wasn’t it last year? Well because it wasn’t time yet, but now it is. This game propels us to greatness. Watch and learn this week, and after this game.

Gibberish

If I were considering a wager, I might ask: do I have confidence we can score a TD or more against their D. Then, I might ask if it's likely that they will score 42 points or more.
And that’s why I won’t bet a nickel until I know who our starting QB is going to be.

VN Store

Back