Baileys future if he isnt named the starter?

I just don't understand posters who continue to speculate on any and all issues hen there is no answer until the event happens. This seems to be attempts to feed those who always look for anything negative on this board. This is what people do when they want to stir the pot rather than wait for practice to began and the coaches see how all players to perform. Speculation is folly , especially when the outcome almost always results in negative responses. Vol fans need to support the new season with new leaders and spur their venom after events have occurred.

OP is getting criticized, but this is a discussion board after all. The point is to bring up ideas and discuss them. Since there's no football happening right now, any discussion has to be about possibilities. I think he asks a legitimate question in light of what the transfer portal has brought about. And it's not automatically negative to consider whether something undesirable might happen or not. Don't be harsh with the guy, I think he just wants to talk Vol football topics. As for my own view, Milton until it's not. I think a lot of people are going to be talking about him this season, he puts up big numbers, and that would make it likely for Bailey to transfer.

Well since we haven't had a starter finish the season since Dobbs, I think whoever the number 2 is will see plenty of playing time. In other words, I think that the person who starts the season may not be the starter by week 5 or 6. Lets see how it plays out, but in this case, I think CJH will play the QB who he sees as giving us the best chance to win this time and not like whatever we have been doing with JG.

I don't have anything against any of the guys. I suspect Bailey will leave if he isn't the starter or at least #2. But I think the same is true of all 4. All have the talent to start somewhere.

All of these guys have something that holds them back. Bailey isn't a factor in the run game. Maurer is inconsistent. Hooker is "solid" at almost everything but not elite at anything. Milton has amazing physical talent but he had a bad habit of throwing the ball into trouble and going really, really cold when his team needed completions.

Bailey's chances rest with none of the others being able to overcome their fatal flaws and for him to do what he does flawlessly. He isn't going to become a run threat. The others have the opportunity to overcome what ails them.

If he does leave, Id be willing to bet he goes back home and starts at UGA once Daniels leaves.

But I am convinced he starts, at a minimum take the first snaps for the first couple games, especially after the way he threw the ball in the O&W game.

Yeah I don't think there's any question that if he isn't the starter he will leave, as he should. Too much talent to not get an opportunity to showcase it under the lights. That being said, if he doesn't start I trust that he isn't our best option. Josh Heupel isn't ignorant to the importance of QB play and he knows "good" when he sees it.

Reactions: sjt18 and tennrich1

VN Store

Back