Bahamas tournament fall 2022

What are the dates that the Lady Vols will play a tournament in Nassau this fall and who else will play? I know I'm way early, but now that this season's over I need to plan to get an early fix! 😎

I would like to know as well, I might actually try to go watch this year!

Reactions: krichunaka
Hopefully we will get to play both Louisville and Texas.

I doubt. I think this tournament is usually setup in two divisions. 4 teams per division. Usually two P5s and Two mid majors. So we will likely play Louisville Texas or UCLA and then one of the mid major schools

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I doubt. I think this tournament is usually setup in two divisions. 4 teams per division. Usually two P5s and Two mid majors. So we will likely play Louisville Texas or UCLA and then one of the mid major schools
Exciting field. Even the mid majors are dood programs. Doubt we play Texas there given are annual meeting at alternating home sites.

Reactions: lvocd and VolBall09
Trivia perhaps, the South Dakota jackrabbits played in the WNIT because they lost their conference final to rival SD. The 'rabbits won the six games necessary to become the champs. They played all six games at home, UCLA came to the Dakotas to play and lost. Probably room rates were cheaper in their than LA.

I enjoy watching them play at the precision of the half court offense, Princeton also and it demonstrates the advantages of execution when the team is not as athletic or quick.

Last edited:
Reactions: krichunaka
SC and UConn played against one another in this tournament last fall and they play each other annually.
SC and UConn played against one another in this tournament last fall and they play each other annually.
Good find. I guess they make exceptions, but the general rule of thumb over many years for both women's and men's basketball is to play teams you wouldn't normally play. I imagine they will match us up with one top team and one relatively lower team, so to me it would be preferable to finally play Louisville given our match with Texas is almost always just a few weeks after these Thanksgiving tournaments.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rooster1
What a tournament field. Definitely will help build team chemistry playing good Competition. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
One issue is how many courts (or in some locations stages expanded to play basketball) or there in such a tourney and how many spectators can attend? Some of the exotic places don't have adequate facilities for hard-core fans who would want to attend more than their favorite team.

Has anyone actually been to one of these tournaments? I don’t know how it works, would it be better to just buy the package? 😩

What are the dates that the Lady Vols will play a tournament in Nassau this fall and who else will play? I know I'm way early, but now that this season's over I need to plan to get an early fix! 😎
Is it better to purchase battle.for Atlantis woman's tournament tickets and tailgate tickets separately or a package staying at Atlantis? If separately how do I get them? Thanks

Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
I bought my room and game tickets through the Atlantis package...

The team is staying at the Atlantis, but there are several hotels that are part of the Atlantis - I'm staying at the Cove.

That decision is above my pay grade. I’ll just say from my experiences on the TV/video side and in softball, it is easier said than done attracting a former player to a role like that, particularly for a 36-game schedule with half of those games on the road.

VN Store

Back