Bad Weekend for Baseball in East Tennessee

chipcwmddh

This weekend was a real let down for baseball. The Vols dropped their series with LSU thanks to a pair of two-run homers in the seventh. IMHO this was a critical home series for the Vols. The Tigers and Vols were both sitting in their respective divisional cellars. This was a real chance for TN to step up at home and finally get something done in the SEC. It was especially disappointing after the game Saturday. The Vols dominated the Tigers Saturday both offensively and defensively. Then to come out and not be able to hang on to the lead late yesterday took the wind out of my sails.

And then to top that series with what happened to the Smokies in Montgomery. Tennesse just couldn't get any offense going all weekend against the Biscuits.

The worst part of it all was when I got to the office this morning and just couldn't bring myself to listen to any of those games. After losing the series, I didn't even want to listen to the Vols Sat. win. What a bummer.

The Vols came into this year way over rated!!!!!!!

Our team is so young this year. (Seems like we have heard that somewhere now doesn't it? LOL) They will grow up in time, but not this year I'm afraid. I really wonder if we will even win a series in the SEC this year? From the way things are looking now, it doesn't look very favorable.

Preseason polls aren't perfect in any sport, but I think they are absolutely worthless in college baseball. They appear to be based solely on what everybody did the previous year. UT was unranked going into last year. They made it to the CWS. I suppose everyone who ranked our team so high this year ignored the talent that left after last season.

VN Store

Back