BAD OVER-THROW AND DROPS

Speaking of overthrows, I missed the last possession. Looking at the play by play, Milton had 5 incomplete passes. Can someone tell me how those looked? More overthrows/fastballs or drops?
All overthrows

speaking of FG's .....Why is it that no matter who we play or what division we play their FG kickers hit 40 plus yarders like chip shots.....But with our FG kicker's it seem's it's about 30-70 percent we make/miss from 40 yards plus.

We have had very recently good fg kickers

Over throwing a wide open player with no one between him and the Ga state line cost us 7 in the first half and dropping an easy pass right in your hands in stride with 20 yards open field on 4th down cost us another 7 points. Those 2plays cost us 14 points. Execute these 2 plays and we are right in this ball game. One more thing where did or linebackers go. I did not see them all night.

The coaching staff has not liked these recovers since nice spring ball, it’s nice secret. Milton hasn’t been the answer at QB, but it’s pretty telling that they didn’t like what they had at QB either.

Speaking of overthrows, I missed the last possession. Looking at the play by play, Milton had 5 incomplete passes. Can someone tell me how those looked? More overthrows/fastballs or drops?

All of the incompletions were egregiously overthrown except for one.

Are you talking about the wide open miss to Fant on the left sideline? If so, watch the play again. Hooker's arm got hit during the throw and caused him to release too high. The Wrs are a track team with no hands. They are leaving points all over the place too.
Yes which makes it even more difficult to overthrow a receiver by a mile. Thrown from Right hash to left sideline down the field was at least 40 yd throw.

I saw Banks with yet ANOTHER 15 yard penalty.
But did you notice, they took him out for 2 series. I think but not sure that it was Ekler that was on him and it looked like he said you cannot do that your going to sit awhile. He came back in and played the most controlled game he has played. When the same ones make the same mistakes the best way to get them to stop is take their butts out. Maybe just maybe they got through to Banks finally. I would never get mad on close physical plays that sometimes get a roughness, but you cannot make absurd needless penalties. Jerk em out till the figure it out!!!! GBO!!!!

Reactions: CA_Vol
Anyone see the end of the Auburn game Ga State game? Nix was out and Auburn played Finley. It was like watching Milton. He overthrew everyone except one pass for a TD. Nearly cost them the game.
Then he ran around like he was some bad***. He sucks.
Ga State almost took them down too.

Over throwing a wide open player with no one between him and the Ga state line cost us 7 in the first half and dropping an easy pass right in your hands in stride with 20 yards open field on 4th down cost us another 7 points. Those 2plays cost us 14 points. Execute these 2 plays and we are right in this ball game. One more thing where did or linebackers go. I did not see them all night.
If you didn't see Banks you weren't looking too hard. He had 8 tackles and was all over the place. Beasley had 6 and appears to have beaten Mitchell out at this point.

One of my comments prior to the game was that it would be a bad thing if UT's DB's made a lot of tackles... Flowers had 15. It was asking a lot but UT needed the DL to dominate and play in UF's backfield all day. They did at times but often gave up yards on QB scrambles. They really needed to shut UF's RB's down and did pretty well. Without Jones' 144 yds out of 283 total... UT would have gotten what it needed.

The good news is that few future opponents have UF's talent at RB... and none have a QB runner as good as Jones.

Auburn fires wide receivers coach Cornelius Williams after 4 games

Auburn has lit a fire under their guys apparently. I thought for a minute the coach was Cadillac Williams but it is not. I say Merrill and other younger receivers will get looks this week. At least the Calloway drop was not a fourth quarter losing the game situation - it ended up as the Vols' last gasp to compete in the game which was bad enough. With fewer drives and having to go on fourth down repeatedly, blown opportunities loom larger than in a game with many long drives and scores. Keep working offense - this team can be good if they tighten up the fundamental mistakes.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Josh inherited a roster disaster from pruitt due to terrible recruiting---little or no top talent anywhere on the team. It will take 2-3 years to get the talent to compete in these games.

Yes which makes it even more difficult to overthrow a receiver by a mile. Thrown from Right hash to left sideline down the field was at least 40 yd throw.
Not really. It depends on where in the arm he is hit. He hit him at the finish of the release which causes the release point to be too high. The throw still have the forces on it from the rest of his body and shoulder. The wrist and forearm didn't get to aim. I have had this happen more than once and this is exactly what happens.

VN Store

Back