Bad look but makes me optimistic about the future!

VolFanStukinTX

I was watching the SEC Network last night; I have admittedly been avoiding it but they were doing the camp updates. When they got to the good guys; first thing we see is that the boys had to go back to their practice stations and run to the end of practice meeting with Coach Heupel. I don't know if it was for dramatic effect or what but it was made to look like he sent them back not just once but twice.

The way it was portrayed made me upset but after I put my pride aside; I looked at the other side of the coin. I think this speaks to the previous staff's lack of discipline and how Heupel and crew are setting a tone. One of the things that he said was that they were "going to do what we say we are going to do; we are going to go fast".

I love how he is holding the guys accountable with these little things; they all add up to a standard which is much needed. We all have opinions about Butch but one of the little things he did that I recall made me think much the same about him was the "no hands on the hips" rule that he had.

I am encouraged by what I see and hope that if nothing else; we have some pride and establish a standard of toughness and discipline.

I was watching the SEC Network last night; I have admittedly been avoiding it but they were doing the camp updates. When they got to the good guys; first thing we see is that the boys had to go back to their practice stations and run to the end of practice meeting with Coach Heupel. I don't know if it was for dramatic effect or what but it was made to look like he sent them back not just once but twice.

The way it was portrayed made me upset but after I put my pride aside; I looked at the other side of the coin. I think this speaks to the previous staff's lack of discipline and how Heupel and crew are setting a tone. One of the things that he said was that they were "going to do what we say we are going to do; we are going to go fast".

I love how he is holding the guys accountable with these little things; they all add up to a standard which is much needed. We all have opinions about Butch but one of the little things he did that I recall made me think much the same about him was the "no hands on the hips" rule that he had.

I am encouraged by what I see and hope that if nothing else; we have some pride and establish a standard of toughness and discipline.
Remember how Kiffin had them run to each side of the field during quarter change? Remember them jumping up and down? It’s on!!

Oh I agree; just don't like seeing our boys painted in a negative light at any time. Sorry; proud Vol here with a minor case of BVS. LOL!
I feel the same, I hated the way Dooley and Pruitt both bad mouthed our guy wearing the Orange. CJH hasn't to the best of my knowledge had any negative public comments about his team.

I'm hoping we return to the days when TN showed up and the opponent knew they were going to get hit in the mouth.
giphy.gif

That was Butch Jones

Yep. That was Butch. In fact, I'm noticing more and more "Butch-isms" under Huepel. The black stripes on the helmets, Huepel constantly referring to himself as the "caretaker" of the football program, a preference for lighter, faster O-linemen, and now this. I fully realize that Coach Huepel is NOT Butch Jones but I do find it interesting that they do some of the same things.

Yep. That was Butch. In fact, I'm noticing more and more "Butch-isms" under Huepel. The black stripes on the helmets, Huepel constantly referring to himself as the "caretaker" of the football program, a preference for lighter, faster O-linemen, and now this. I fully realize that Coach Huepel is NOT Butch Jones but I do find it interesting that they do some of the same things.

If he refers to players as "individuals" I will start to worry.

At media days, he did say, "I'm the caretaker of Tennessee football." That bothered me. I was quite triggered.

maybe both learned it from whatever same coaching clinic

Reactions: arkivol
Heupel doesn’t believe in light Oline. His UCF lines were well in the 300’s. He demanded that they be in shape though.

In the clip I saw, not on ESPN, the second time they ran back was because some of the players weren't satisfied with the teams effort and made them do it again.

Uhh you talking about the one where they are huddled around Huepel? If so, the players themselves chose to do the 2nd one. They said they didn’t hustle.

Do you remember that freezing cold game (Mizzou or Kensucky) that Butch wouldn't let players wear sleeves...Butch was a real class act I tell ya

I'm hoping we return to the days when TN showed up and the opponent knew they were going to get hit in the mouth.

Careful, with talk like this you are going to get put on a list somewhere for domestic terrorisms or something.

Butch wasn't terrible coach overall. He was just a terrible person.

Reactions: MemphisVol77

I miss watching ESPN and when they are going through another SEC teams schedule, they would get to TN and instantly say, "I just don't see them beating the Vols, even at home, so I'm gonna call that a loss."

VN Store

Back