Bad decisions have bad consequences

I think one of the last black bear maulings in Smoky Mountains National Park was a woman that was trying to get a close up picture of a bear in Cades Cove. Got within a few feet and the thing turned on her and sunk it's claws and teeth into that tender flesh. I wonder if stupid people taste different to these animals?

Reactions: tennvols77
I think one of the last black bear maulings in Smoky Mountains National Park was a woman that was trying to get a close up picture of a bear in Cades Cove. Got within a few feet and the thing turned on her and sunk it's claws and teeth into that tender flesh. I wonder if stupid people taste different to these animals?

A quality camera with the right telephoto lens can help some of these people overcome stupidity.

It's nothing new. Back in the 70's there was a family who tried to get a pic with a black bear. He knocked their baby's head off.

You read about this, right? You weren't born yet, right?
You're my favorite. :)
I don't remember where it happened (I was little), but I do remember the adults talking about how stupid the parents were to have their baby close enough for a picture.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
When I was a kid, many of the tourist traps in the Smokies kept a sedated, caged bear and you could pay to have a picture made with one.

VN Store

Back