Bad Day for Tennessee transfers

They could have stayed and been a part of something special instead of joining a front runner and finishing below expectations.

I’m not sure they could have stayed. According to reports “all the players who took money have now transferred out”. It didn’t state who those guys were, but I think we could all guess which recruits were rated high enough to pay (Henry T and Wanya, maybe Crouch, Gray, and Lawerence too).

Bad punt muff by Eric Gray played a big part in OU getting knocked out of the playoffs.

His blunder was the difference in the final score. I felt bad for him, would have felt bad for any kid in that situation...as long as they werent in a Gumpaloosa or Florida uniform, that is.

That might be true if you actually knew the young men but you don't. And to be honest none of us actually know why they left.
I know why several left. They took money and would have been ineligible if they stayed because UT knew they took money. Not sure why they are eligible now to be honest.

I know why several left. They took money and would have been ineligible if they stayed because UT knew they took money. Not sure why they are eligible now to be honest.

My understanding is that the other schools can claim ignorance of their previous wrong doings and escape punishment for playing them as long as that behavior did not continue at the new destination. Tennessee can’t do that.

2020 Oklahoma 9-2 Big 12 Champions without all the UT transfers
2021 Oklahoma 10-2 Not Big 12 champions with all the UT transfers
They lost both games they played vs ranked opponents

I have heard that, and I think it was even alluded to from the university. But how would they be eligible at other schools? I don’t understand the rule.

At this point, the only people with knowledge of who did what are the participating players, the previous coaching staff, and UT. If the NCAA finds out and rules these guys ineligible, they could go back and punish OU ex post facto for crimes they didn’t commit. They could rule Eric Gray ineligible from this point forward, but couldn’t make them vacate previous wins due to a guy playing that shouldn’t have when they had no way of knowing.

VN Store

Back