Backyard Bird Watchers

When I was trout fishing a stream NW of Denver, CO, a bald eagle was hanging out with me, respectfully perched in a low branch about 25 yards away. It didn’t give two shakes of a tail feather for hooked trout, but leave one on the bank, it was coming for the easy meal.

Last March I saw two bald eagles fly over our house (near the Stones River)... something I never thought I would ever see.
Seems like they are everywhere. I live in hermitage near Percy Priest Lake, and I see one occasionally. I used to visit TN state parks on business, and several of them had nest that I was allowed to a observe. We used to have a home on Watts Bar Lake. I woke up one morning, and there was one sitting in a tree 50 feet away.
It's still a thrill every time I see one. I saw my first one in Alaska about 20-25 years ago.

Seems like they are everywhere. I live in hermitage near Percy Priest Lake, and I see one occasionally. I used to visit TN state parks on business, and several of them had nest that I was allowed to a observe. We used to have a home on Watts Bar Lake. I woke up one morning, and there was one sitting in a tree 50 feet away.
It's still a thrill every time I see one. I saw my first one in Alaska about 20-25 years ago.
Several years back there was an eagle’s nest near the road that takes you to Old Hickory Dam. It was huge.... I live in the Laguardo area and saw one fly over while fishing back in Spencer Creek. I see Osprey all the time

We have a pair of bald eagles on my stretch of Watts Bar. It's always great to see one of them land in the top of a nearby tree. They look so damned aggressive just sitting on a branch.

Several years back there was an eagle’s nest near the road that takes you to Old Hickory Dam. It was huge.... I live in the Laguardo area and saw one fly over while fishing back in Spencer Creek. I see Osprey all the time

We have eagles nesting around the farm near Cummins Falls. The rangers sent me some pics from one of my fields of one circling. I haven't seen them yet.

I have a cool pic from back in the day in Montana of an Osprey coming up of the Madison River outside Yellowstone with a trout in it's talons.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Bald eagles are common now along the Tennessee River.
One morning when I was quietly drifting downstream fishing I noticed an osprey sitting in a tree on the opposite bank.
About the time I got even with the osprey, a bald eagle flew up stream about tree top high and let out a single cry. That pissed the osprey off and it attacked the eagle chasing it upstream out of sight. It was a still morning and the amount of noise made by those two birds was simply unbelievable.

The brown thrasher pair resident to my yard have lively competition this Spring, and not just from the pair to the east with whom they share a territorial border. Yesterday afternoon, while one was perched in a dogwood tree, the mate was fiercely scrapping with an interloper.

Saw a ruby throat hummingbird at my blooming red azaleas, yesterday, and a pair of red tail hawks were circling overhead this afternoon while I was working in the yard.

VN Store

Back