Back up qb: are we being gullible?

Peyton got his chance to start when Jerry Colquitt and Todd Helton in front of him went down with injury and the only other scholarship QB was Branndon Stewart...another true freshman. Wouldn’t qualify as “given the chance” as much as NO OTHER CHOICE.
Do you not agree that JG is not getting it done. He is to slow, not that accurate , and many times locks in on one receiver, and at times throws into double and sometimes triple coverage. I just forgot about the Manning situation!!!

Do you not agree that JG is not getting it done. He is to slow, not that accurate , and many times locks in on one receiver, and at times throws into double and sometimes triple coverage. I just forgot about the Manning situation!!!
Just correcting data. Two games in and I can’t endorse JG. Beyond game awareness, he just doesn’t throw the ball well.

Getting used to the speed of the game. And let’s not forget that Shrout threw a pick that was pretty ugly itself. He got bailed out with a premature whistle. Just because it didn’t show up on a stat sheet doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.
I've seen people talk about Shrout and Maurer throwing interceptions in practice but I contend that JG through shear luck should already have four interceptions this season. He has thrown one per game. Had one INT called back for pass interference because the defender behind the the guy catching the ball was called for a penalty. I would have claimed uncatchable ball since it hit the defender in the chest and the offensive guy had no chance to catch it. Now this past weekend he threw into double or triple coverage one and the ball was tipped around three defenders and Jennings came up with it. That was pure luck because the pass sucked. They better get these young guys in the game a lot this weekend if not start one of them but they both deserve playing time based upon what we have seen in the games.

I've seen people talk about Shrout and Maurer throwing interceptions in practice but I contend that JG through shear luck should already have four interceptions this season. He has thrown one per game. Had one INT called back for pass interference because the defender behind the the guy catching the ball was called for a penalty. I would have claimed uncatchable ball since it hit the defender in the chest and the offensive guy had no chance to catch it. Now this past weekend he threw into double or triple coverage one and the ball was tipped around three defenders and Jennings came up with it. That was pure luck because the pass sucked. They better get these young guys in the game a lot this weekend if not start one of them but they both deserve playing time based upon what we have seen in the games.
Right. And who have we heard about the ints from? Pruitt. Weinke says neither of them have thrown many throughout camp. So who do we believe?

VN Store

Back