Back Down to Earth

This team can’t hit. Tonight was bad but the signs have been there well before tonight

Pitching is wonderful and the defense needs to get back to being elite

Charlotte hit us hard but you win 0% of the games you can't score a run.

Reactions: sccshortstop
I always wait 10 plus games each year to give an opinion, so here goes.....

I've seen them play in person 4 times, and watched most of the games on my laptop that I could not attend.

This is a pretty average SEC baseball team. I just don't see this offensive line-up holding up to SEC pitching. Our average team bat speed is pretty bad.
93+ mph will eat us up. Ferguson and Pavolony's starts to the season are abismal. I'd start Greer at catcher, and try Pavolony at 1st. Lot's of other thoughts, but I don't want to brow-beat any other players. A decent team, the sweep of GA Southern was a highlight so far. But I see the SEC kicking our butts. The team strikeouts are off the charts high, and they have not faced great pitching yet. Oh well....I'd better stop...lol

I am grateful that they are playing. I love to watch baseball more than any other sport. Love keeping up with the stats, just love it all.

I always wait 10 plus games each year to give an opinion, so here goes.....

I've seen them play in person 4 times, and watched most of the games on my laptop that I could not attend.

This is a pretty average SEC baseball team. I just don't see this offensive line-up holding up to SEC pitching. Our average team bat speed is pretty bad.
93+ mph will eat us up. Ferguson and Pavolony's starts to the season are abismal. I'd start Greer at catcher, and try Pavolony at 1st. Lot's of other thoughts, but I don't want to brow-beat any other players. A decent team, the sweep of GA Southern was a highlight so far. But I see the SEC kicking our butts. The team strikeouts are off the charts high, and they have not faced great pitching yet. Oh well....I'd better stop...lol

I am grateful that they are playing. I love to watch baseball more than any other sport. Love keeping up with the stats, just love it all.

the pitching is good enough to get this team to around .500 in league play. I’d say it’s a 14-16 win team which easily reaches a regional

Reactions: td23 and Border Vol
the pitching is good enough to get this team to around .500 in league play. I’d say it’s a 14-16 win team which easily reaches a regional

Solid start to SEC play. Get to that 16-17 win mark and hosting a regional is very possible

also the Vols get a HuGE break not playing the miss schools. I’m betting .500 happens

VN Store

Back