B10 Conference News

I tend to sort of look at it from the financial side, I think that has more to do with things.

I tend to sort of look at it from the financial side, I think that has more to do with things.
Agreed, SEC is/ was considering conference only just to keep a season for 2021. Financially baseball and softball doesn’t make money for 80% of all schools and football can’t support everyone with no fans. I also heard that March Madness is looking to go to a bubble so they won’t lose money for two years. Can’t wait to get out of 2020 and play whatever games the SEC comes up with because we can’t play a schedule with teams dropping or those that are not committed. Go Vols! Get em up TV!!

Agreed, SEC is/ was considering conference only just to keep a season for 2021. Financially baseball and softball doesn’t make money for 80% of all schools and football can’t support everyone with no fans. I also heard that March Madness is looking to go to a bubble so they won’t lose money for two years. Can’t wait to get out of 2020 and play whatever games the SEC comes up with because we can’t play a schedule with teams dropping or those that are not committed. Go Vols! Get em up TV!!

Yeah, you know the SEC schools might be able to field midweek schedules with in state schools, I am not sure the B10 could do that. You know, ETSU, MTSU, etc...

Yeah, you know the SEC schools might be able to field midweek schedules with in state schools, I am not sure the B10 could do that. You know, ETSU, MTSU, etc...
So Nebraska could play in conference Rutgers in New Jersey, but not in-state Creighton or Big 12 Kansas or K State? Like everyone else, I’m looking forward to normalcy.

The big 10 doesn’t play many midweek games anyway but this will effect their early season schedule a bunch. I’d assume they will play at a dome and even take conference trips to florida or Arizona

The big 10 doesn’t play many midweek games anyway but this will effect their early season schedule a bunch. I’d assume they will play at a dome and even take conference trips to florida or Arizona

I don’t know how it’s gonna work early on up there without going on the road, but they are apparently not going outside of the conference.

So the bigger issue to me is RPI, SOS, all the things involved in deciding regionals.

Who knows what the pandemic situation looks like then, maybe if the vaccine works out they might rethink this decision.

Just spit balling fellas.

GBO!!!

Just know the SEC is supposedly still considering this in the spring of playing only SEC schedule. Would be a weekend series of four games or the option of playing 2 on the weekend and 2 weekdays but still playing only SEC teams. They are considering this because they can control the processes better and somewhat reduce the exposure to a great number of teams to only a few. The four game weekend series would be a very crazy schedule and greatly affect how teams set up their pitching. Not sure this would be great for UT because part of that proposal, I'm told, is that they would begin the season with the closest teams available. That means we could start our season with Vandy, USC, or UGA. Texas A&M would be the wildcard in that scenario because no one is really close to them. The 2/2 schedule would be the weirdest because you would play 2 games on a weekend on the road and then host them for 2 games either that week or a different week. Either way it would be a brutal schedule just playing SEC games and could kill some SEC schools RPI.

....That means we could start our season with Vandy, USC, or UGA. Texas A&M would be the wildcard in that scenario because no one is really close to them. The 2/2 schedule would be the weirdest because you would play 2 games on a weekend on the road and then host them for 2 games either that week or a different week. Either way it would be a brutal schedule just playing SEC games and could kill some SEC schools RPI.
Here’s what D1baseball.com is reporting about RPI:

Attachments

• CEE85A29-2335-4823-9084-4E6EFEEE396D.jpeg
    CEE85A29-2335-4823-9084-4E6EFEEE396D.jpeg
    508.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 91702E32-B79D-44AA-8E19-3371C69A1E60.jpeg
    91702E32-B79D-44AA-8E19-3371C69A1E60.jpeg
    483.8 KB · Views: 6

VN Store

Back