B-Dubs roasting Tennessee

I’m just happy they still find us relevant enough to roast. My friends that are fans of other schools don’t even talk trash to me about the Vols anymore. They now console me. Say things will pick up in time. When my Bama buddies are showing empathy, that’s really the worst burn I could imagine.

When he makes his bed I imagine him spreading out one of those huge white ambiguously Tennessee, mil-spec parachute windbreaker one-sies across an old matress filled with b-dub farts and muffin top sweat.
Whenever I hear “B-dubs “ I think of this post from a few years back and crack up . A simple VN search of “Sweat & B-dub farts “ brought up the quote from the “ Pruitt us the laughingstock of CFB“ thread from 2019 post GA ST. Haven’t seen #DaUndergroundMan around in awhile but thanks for the continual laughs !

I know you will find this amusing, but when I was 3 or 4 I was with my Mom at WestTown Mall in Knoxville She was shopping and I was running through, in and out of the racks in the store she was in. I looked up, saw Mom waiving at me and ran towards her.....right into a mirror! It didn't shatter, but it knocked me on my A$$!

Lol at all the butthurt and can't have a little humor at our program's situation. Hell bww is one of the few places close by around here that me and the ol lady can go and get a good buzz with decent food for about $50. Most other places it's always around a $100 or more plus bww has plenty of beer options on tap. Of course we don't have all the choices people in Chattanooga, Nashville, Knoxville, Murfreesboro, etc have..
****.... All I got is the Bybee Market

Reactions: Wireless1
Hey b-dubs how about focusing on making good food. The last time we went to the Jackson, TN location they brought my wings out and one still had feathers attached!!!! How someone didn’t see that is beyond me! Haven’t been back since

Not sure why anybody is mad at B-dubs. They were just responding to a post from Barstool Rocky Top.

Fulmer had the vast majority of worst losses in the last 25 years. None of those other fools were ever even close to having great teams, sans Botch’s 15 team.
Georgia State? Wyoming doesn't count Fulmer was already "dismissed"
I am now convinced, Pruitt was a Bammer plant sent only to completely destroy UT Football and the legacies of several VFL.

Georgia State? Wyoming doesn't count Fulmer was already "dismissed"
I am now convinced, Pruitt was a Bammer plant sent only to completely destroy UT Football and the legacies of several VFL.
If Pruitt was a plant, sent by Bammers to destroy UT, then how could you expect him to win anything?

Dooley and Butch were terrible gameday coaches, so yeah those losses were bad but did anyone really expect them to be good?

Fulmer was ranked preseason #3 in 2005 and the team was loaded. He had major talent in 99, 2001, 2005, and some others. So some of his worst losses were those seasons. Keep in mind he had ENORMOUS EXPECTATIONS during the majority of his tenure, so these first 4 games were huge blackeyes. I took wyoming out for the sake of argument.

IMO, worst ranked losses order:

1. Memphis 96 (with Peyton at the helm nonetheless, never got off the bus)
2. Vandy 2005 (broke the streak, one of Fulmer's most disappointing teams)
3. South Carolina 2005 (another streak buster, they were terrible)
4. Arkansas 1999 (Hogs were 8-4 that year, but we showed up flat and made them look good)

These losses cost us a shot at a huge trophy:

5, 6, 7. Pick a mid 90s Florida Drubbing, we always showed up flat and scared. Win one in 95, 97, maybe 99 (close game, but still) and we are playing for it all, again. Fulmer never was prepared for OBC's game plan....... until Al Wilson and the D willed us to a win in 98, then look what happened.
8. Maryland 2002 Getting killed in the Peach Bowl on NYE (we showed up flat, again, seeing a pattern?)
9. Georgia 2001 (maybe Fulmer's best team, couldn't stop GA all day/ shoulda cost us another chance at a BCS game appearance)
10. LSU 2001 (despite winning the east, beating Florduh in the swamp, looking like a shoe-in for a second BCS title game in 4 seasons, AND knocking Rohan out of the game, we made Matt Mauk look like a Heisman finalist)

Reactions: Smokey X
True story... there's a pizza joint just down the block from the Bdubs in Bloomington, IN. Same guy has managed at both places and has stated that on many nights he has sold more wings at the pizza joint then he would have at Bdubs.

For my dollar it's a regional chain called Wings N Rings. Much, much better although their 'wing' is actually a sectioned off piece of boneless breast meat...and they aren't shy about serving size.
Prefer BuffaLouie's in Bloomington.

I don't think any of Butch's losses were as bad as Georgia State. I am not even sure any of Dooley's were that bad. I would even call last year's loss to Kentucky one of the worst losses in recent memory simply because we were dominated by Kentucky (regardless of the number of INTs, which speaks more to the ineptitude than anything)

If Pruitt was a plant, sent by Bammers to destroy UT, then how could you expect him to win anything?

Dooley and Butch were terrible gameday coaches, so yeah those losses were bad but did anyone really expect them to be good?

Fulmer was ranked preseason #3 in 2005 and the team was loaded. He had major talent in 99, 2001, 2005, and some others. So some of his worst losses were those seasons. Keep in mind he had ENORMOUS EXPECTATIONS during the majority of his tenure, so these first 4 games were huge blackeyes. I took wyoming out for the sake of argument.

IMO, worst ranked losses order:

1. Memphis 96 (with Peyton at the helm nonetheless, never got off the bus)
2. Vandy 2005 (broke the streak, one of Fulmer's most disappointing teams)
3. South Carolina 2005 (another streak buster, they were terrible)
4. Arkansas 1999 (Hogs were 8-4 that year, but we showed up flat and made them look good)

These losses cost us a shot at a huge trophy:

5, 6, 7. Pick a mid 90s Florida Drubbing, we always showed up flat and scared. Win one in 95, 97, maybe 99 (close game, but still) and we are playing for it all, again. Fulmer never was prepared for OBC's game plan....... until Al Wilson and the D willed us to a win in 98, then look what happened.
8. Maryland 2002 Getting killed in the Peach Bowl on NYE (we showed up flat, again, seeing a pattern?)
9. Georgia 2001 (maybe Fulmer's best team, couldn't stop GA all day/ shoulda cost us another chance at a BCS game appearance)
10. LSU 2001 (despite winning the east, beating Florduh in the swamp, looking like a shoe-in for a second BCS title game in 4 seasons, AND knocking Rohan out of the game, we made Matt Mauk look like a Heisman finalist)

agree

I just see this as a dig at Butch Jones and not UT.

Strange thing is, of the last three failed coaches at UT, he at least had some success. Dooley and Pruitt deserves digs more than him.

VN Store

Back