Azzanni Departing to NFL

070615-CFB-Tennessee--Derek-Dooley-4-IA-ssm.vadapt.320.medium.46.jpg

Are we seriously talk about receiving production under ZA in the last 3 years? Do receivers shoulder some of the blame? Sure. Does Dobbs shoulder some of the blame? Sure. We had plenty of talent at WR and not a lot of throwing talent at QB. After all, in a team sport all cylinders gotta be clicking and that wasn't the case consistently in the passing game.

Sure - what else do you think the Bears looked at before they hired him?

If I was the Bears, and I wanted to hire a new WR coach from the college ranks, I'd want a guy that I thought fit the system but also set the world on fire at his previous job.

The Bears are going to have the best down-field-blocking receivers in the NFL, that you can count on. :dance2:

Reactions: 6 people
Kevin Beard would be a good replacement. Currently the WR coach at Florida International. Played at Miami and also coached there with Larry Scott. Would also add another known name to recruit in Florida.

Reactions: 5 people
Not gonna be upset by this at all. Maybe Azzani will do better in the pros and good for him if he does but now is the chance to get someone in here and really coach these receivers up.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch is putting coaches in the NFL. If you are a coach and want to coach in the League, you better come to UT. Easiest path.

Reactions: 11 people
The Bears are going to have the best down-field-blocking receivers in the NFL, that you can count on. :dance2:

If only...that would mean they hired Alabama's WR coach. Those guys were killing it with blocking as well as catching. Amazing what happens when fundamentals are taught.

Reactions: 1 person
Ok so with ZA out and it looks like the NCAA is going to pass the 10th assistant vote in April so we will possibly be looking at 8 new coaches on the staff next year, this team is going to look a lot different next year, hopefully for the better.

Half sarcasm half serious. He has put 2 Bsia coaches who Volnation widely regards as terrible in the NFL.

VN Store

Back