Awesome Butch Quote....

TNHopeful505

“I pray every day I’m going to be here forever,” Jones said. “You guys may get tired of me in about 30 years.”

I love this guy. I really think he's going to get it done. He thinks he's going to get it done. And I think he's going to work hard enough to do it.

It would be fantastic if he's still here in thirty years. It would mean he's probably one of the most successful coaches we've ever had.

For his sake, I hope he knows what he's doing!

GBO! Rise to the Top!

Reactions: 71 people
Yeah.. i really like him, disappointed in yesterday.. but only had 31 days.. so its all good, just hope he can coach em up, cause he is in the big boy league now, not the big least.. go bUTch.

He just needs to win some games we're supposed to win and not allow our guys to play dead when we're behind or lose a couple of games. If he does that, this fanbase will come around on Butch.

Reactions: 8 people
I'm ready to see how the defense responds going back to the 4-3 along side of having a new strength and conditioning coach.

i like the guy but he needs to just stop with the used car salesman stuff. he needs to say things he truly means. Not just fluff to get butts in seats. winning games will do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
“I pray every day I’m going to be here forever,” Jones said. “You guys may get tired of me in about 30 years.”

I love this guy. I really think he's going to get it done. He thinks he's going to get it done. And I think he's going to work hard enough to do it.

It would be fantastic if he's still here in thirty years. It would mean he's probably one of the most successful coaches we've ever had.

For his sake, I hope he knows what he's doing!

GBO! Rise to the Top!

If you're here 30 years from now, I definitely would not be tired of you. Obviously it would mean you are having great success. Of course I may not be here 30 years from now, I'm 63, but my family would see your success and come to my grave and tell me about it. GBO! & bUTch!

Reactions: 11 people
i like the guy but he needs to just stop with the used car salesman stuff. winning games will do that. he needs to say things he truly means. Not just fluff to get butts in seats.

Well seeing how he's not going to play a game till September it's awesome of him to place UT in a positive spot light instead of others staying seculded for months leading up to the start of the season.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm so excited for this upcoming season. The past season was such a letdown, I can't wait to see what the team likes like under new leadership.

Reactions: 1 person
He just needs to win some games we're supposed to win and not allow our guys to play dead when we're behind or lose a couple of games. If he does that, this fanbase will come around on Butch.

Precisley,Fade. We just fell apart in 5 games after getting behind. If he can keep the kids motivated to play 100% for 12 games,I see us winning 8-10 next season. Go Vols!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

We need him to win because we cannot afford yet another coaching change. We will be done for good then.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm so excited for this upcoming season. The past season was such a letdown, I can't wait to see what the team likes like under new leadership.

Here is to hoping they use timeouts properly!!

i like the guy but he needs to just stop with the used car salesman stuff. winning games will do that. he needs to say things he truly means. Not just fluff to get butts in seats.

He's just trying to put some hype around the program and Lord knows we need it. He can't win any games until fall so he's doing everything else he can in the meantime. I truly think he is humbled to be here though; this isn't just a job to him it's a destination. It's a part of his life now and I love that about the guy.

Reactions: 7 people
and have the right number of players on the field. some how i bet this one will get screwed up at least once this up coming season.

it should have started as soon as the kentucky game was over for the current players.

"of our 12 new signees (that committed after Butch got here) 8 were previously committed somewhere else" Love that quote as well

VN Store

Back