Aviation Discussion

This will be my 3rd time I’ve been a primary trainer on a training team. Have been a “guest” trainer for several others.
Actually I’m going to be on two training teams at the same time after we change crews in January.
Way down the road, but I’m looking forward to becoming an OJTI.

What’s the average time it takes to get someone their Rs? Is training the D side boring for you all?

Reactions: ATC_VOL
@ATC_VOL

Finished my final map test today. Don’t get in the labs for another month and a half, though. The friends of mine that went to Chicago are about to get on the floor. Crazy differences in training backlogs.

@ATC_VOL

Finished my final map test today. Don’t get in the labs for another month and a half, though. The friends of mine that went to Chicago are about to get on the floor. Crazy differences in training backlogs.
Cool. That’s not nearly as bad of a wait as the new hires are having here.

@ATC_VOL

I knew an RPO at ZMP that's at new york and it took him over 2 years to start his class!! Heard they were not taking anyone else due to the backlog!!

If you know any young people that are thinking of flying for a living, this program might be worth a look. Propel.delta.com i don't know a, lot about it myself, but it looks pretty streamlined. I would love to get UT involved somehow but it's over my paygrade

Reactions: ATC_VOL
I knew an RPO at ZMP that's at new york and it took him over 2 years to start his class!! Heard they were not taking anyone else due to the backlog!!
Two guys from my class had to select NY and they were giving a date of Fall 2021. But they were put into TMU for the time being, so that’s something at least.

31vahi9xtr841.jpg

Have you seen the new massive GE9X engine being tested for the upcoming Boeing 777X series (777-8 & 777-9)

These aren't photo shopped.

View attachment 190653

View attachment 190654

View attachment 190655

View attachment 190656

View attachment 190659

The Triple 7 will have a wingspan of 235 ft. That's 10 ft more than a 747-8. 11.5 ft of which on each side will be able to fold up that will reduce the span to (212ft) so the plane can fit into gates at airports.

The 777-8 provides seating for 365 passengers and has a range of 8,690 nmi (16,090 km) while the 777-9 has seating for 414 passengers and a range of over 7,525 nmi (13,936 km).

The Boeing 777X took flight last week for the first time.

Takeoff

Landing

The sound of those massive GE engines are different than most passenger jet engines it sounds a lot like a C5 taking off. IMO

@ATC_VOL

Finally make it to the floor and the corona hits the US. Training has been really cut back now.
I’m on my weekend right now but they’re asking us to limit training now I think to limit the number of people in the area. I just started one of my r-side trainees on his 3rd sector on Tuesday so sucks to probably be delayed for a bit.

I’m sure you saw MDW and LAS go ATC 0. Wonder what they’ll do when it hits a center.

I’m on my weekend right now but they’re asking us to limit training now I think to limit the number of people in the area. I just started one of my r-side trainees on his 3rd sector on Tuesday so sucks to probably be delayed for a bit.

I’m sure you saw MDW and LAS go ATC 0. Wonder what they’ll do when it hits a center.

They’ve floated the idea of quarantining crews at the facility. Would have loved to get in on that OT.

They’ve floated the idea of quarantining crews at the facility. Would have loved to get in on that OT.
I packed a bag with some clothes and toiletries and left it in my trunk about a week ago. I could seen them keeping a skeleton crew in the facility and sending everyone else to quarantine at home.

VN Store

Back