Avatar 2: The Way of Water (December 16, 2022)

Shows no matter how you cater to woke mobs, they will always find a way to complain or villify.

Both movies are about protecting the environment and paint native populations as good and the colonizing foreign armies as evil. Not sure how much more woke of a message you can paint, but it still isn't good enough.

Typical of our society today.

This has nothing to do with “woke”. Newsweek took a very small, insignificant, corner of twitter and wrote a story about it. It’s akin to “anti-wokers” whining about Princess Peach being too strong or “boss girl” in the Mario Bros trailer.

It’s a fictional story pulling from previous fictional stories. Anyone that is getting riled up on either side of this debate is reading too much into it. This is a “turn your brain off and enjoy the spectacle” type movie.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
This has nothing to do with “woke”. Newsweek took a very small, insignificant, corner of twitter and wrote a story about it. It’s akin to “anti-wokers” whining about Princess Peach being too strong or “boss girl” in the Mario Bros trailer.

It’s a fictional story pulling from previous fictional stories. Anyone that is getting riled up on either side of this debate is reading too much into it. This is a “turn your brain off and enjoy the spectacle” type movie.
I remember when Newsweek was an actual, serious, credible news publication which is why I posted the link. Sad that they are now scraping for news strories such as this to get clicks.

Last edited:
Shows no matter how you cater to woke mobs, they will always find a way to complain or villify.

Both movies are about protecting the environment and paint native populations as good and the colonizing foreign armies as evil. Not sure how much more woke of a message you can paint, but it still isn't good enough.

Typical of our society today.

I don't know why you feel the need to act like this is a "woke mob" problem, considering this exact same behavior happens with the "anti-woke" crowd too. Cater as much as you want to the Tucker Carlsons, Sean Hannities, morality police, etc. and they still find ways to b**** and moan about how persecuted they are.

Reactions: BenGrimm

And not even an original fictional story.

Also funny to me out the outrage to the "outrage" is usually bigger than original "outrage", and the irony of it all is lost. More people will flip out about this article than the actual people flipping out about what the article says is being flipped out about.

Last edited:
I don't know why you feel the need to act like this is a "woke mob" problem, considering this exact same behavior happens with the "anti-woke" crowd too. Cater as much as you want to the Tucker Carlsons, Sean Hannities, morality police, etc. and they still find ways to b**** and moan about how persecuted they are.

I'm not getting into a long-winded debate here, as this isn't the subject of the thread. But I've personally seen and heard complaints about this film series appropriating NA culture and other silliness.

It's a film about blue people that is pro-environment and anti-colonialism. Why is this stuff even being brought up?

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the film. The visual spectacle of it alone will be incredible.

Man, disney is really pushing this for hollywood award congratulatory party season. What a joke. IDK one person that wanted to watch an extended video game featuring blue cartoons going at it, but here we are. A 3 billion dollar production they claim has made a billion back? Something fishing going on here.

That ride is ALWAYS broken. I've been on it a half dozen times. You really want a stamped experience, get there at rope drop. Better yet, grab some popcorn and take a high seat to watch the momma's run over each other. That's high class entertainment.

It was a decent movie. Definitely not a "it took 10 years to make this masterpiece" epic film. It was WAY too long.

That ride is ALWAYS broken. I've been on it a half dozen times. You really want a stamped experience, get there at rope drop. Better yet, grab some popcorn and take a high seat to watch the momma's run over each other. That's high class entertainment.

The ride broke down last year while I was on it and I was stuck for almost an hour. On top of that.....it's really not that great. It's like the movie itself, overhype and fine but nothing really that special.

VN Store

Back