Autzen: for those that went to the game.

BruiserVol

While it was still interesting and the crowd was into it what was it like? Anything like they talk it up to be?

It definitely gets loud. I've been to UF and LSU, and although I'm not sure it's louder than either one of those places, it's still pretty impressive for only 58,000. The place was rocking in the first quarter.

Your fans will be able to provide perspective, but as a duck who used to yell from the student section, I'll say it was about 80% as loud as it can be. Most of the students won't be there until the Cal game because of our quarter system.

But this was the best visitor showing that I have seen in years. Your fans were every bit as pleasant as they were when I was in Knoxville 3 years ago. Good luck with the rest of your season. I hope we play again in the future.

Reactions: 10 people
they were into it up until our last score. Thats when most of them started leaving, even though the game was over way before then. Everyone was pretty nice, I didn't meet anyone who was rude. As far as the sound goes, I know they say you have to be on the field to get the full effect, but I was only 30 rows up. I honestly didn't think it was any louder than other stadiums I've been to, including Neyland. It is impressive to get that much noise out of only 54,000 people. And almost all the fans are standing and yelling most of the game. I'll give them credit for all of that. But as far as my ears ringing, or not being able to hear people around me; it was nothing like that. It will be interesting to see what the players say about it.

Loud, but not the loudest, i know the students were missing, but the stadium was full. Really great fans though. I will come back if we played them again.

Your fans will be able to provide perspective, but as a duck who used to yell from the student section, I'll say it was about 80% as loud as it can be. Most of the students won't be there until the Cal game because of our quarter system.

But this was the best visitor showing that I have seen in years. Your fans were every bit as pleasant as they were when I was in Knoxville 3 years ago. Good luck with the rest of your season. I hope we play again in the future.
I hope we don't

Reactions: 3 people
Had a good time and the Oregon fans were great. They were up by 40 and stayed until the end, something I wish people at Neyland would do. Also their fans were engaged in the game the whole way through, and loud.

With all that said, nowhere near the nose level of Florida, LSU, or Neyland in its heyday.

For the capacity, it was loud. I have also been to UF and LSU multiple times. Very impressive for 57,000.

Hands down the nicest fans I have seen at an away game. Lack of history and knowing it likely wasn't going to be close might have played a hand but I think they are just nice people.

Weather was perfect too.

Reactions: 1 person
Agree with everyone else. Impressed considering it's such a small stadium but there are much louder places including Neyland when we are good.

It was ok but far from our best effort noise wise. Gotta give a lot of credit for that to the sheer number of Vol fans in the house. I think you brought close as many people as Oklahoma and Michigan combined. GBO

Reactions: 5 people
Oregon fans were VERY impressed with the Vol fans turnout. A few older couples said it was the most fans from a non-PAC12 school they have seen.

An Oregon fan did say that they travel well too but the impressive part for UT is that we have had losing seasons and still bringing that many. I was impressed as well.

Reactions: 2 people
People in the stands can't really get perspective on the sound in Autzen. I used to be a graduate teacher with the athletic bands so I've spent countless hours both on the field and in the stands. Other stadiums (I.E Husky stadium for us PAC12 fans) sound louder while you're in the stands. But because of the bowl shape of Autzen, and the fact that's it's a continuos level (not tiered like many), it creates perfect acoustics to trap sound. It's not that our fans are the loudest in the country (though they hold their own), its simply the architecture of the stadium.

So as was stated, it will be interesting to see what the Tennessee players say.

I think the crowd has been spoiled over the past few seasons honestly. It's not as loud as it was before Chip turned us into a death machine. And a game that's quickly non-competitive isn't a good gauge anyway. Doesn't shock me if the report is a "shrug" after this one.

Duck fans were great, only one random piece of trash flipped me off. everyone else super friendly. autzen is nice and loud but not elite sec loud. really like the Mo center set-up for the pre-game. only thing I didn't like we're the boos I heard when Saulsberry got hurt.

My thoughts:

Whole experience was great.

stadium not as loud as I expected. Early 2000's net land was much older. Other current SEC venues are louder.

Oregon is the real deal. They are good.

Honestly never had a better road experience. Great town and, more importantly, great people. I'd love to come back. Hung out with so many fantastic ducks. Love em.

As both a native Tennessean and UT alum and current Oregon resident of 17 years, I was proud of both the Vol fans in attendance and our Duck hosts. Great experience in every way except the score.

My thoughts:

Whole experience was great.

stadium not as loud as I expected. Early 2000's net land was much older. Other current SEC venues are louder.

Oregon is the real deal. They are good.

Honestly never had a better road experience. Great town and, more importantly, great people. I'd love to come back. Hung out with so many fantastic ducks. Love em.

My sentiments exactly.

I bet you do! :)

Great experience. Multiple fans went out of their way to thank us for making the trip. Good crowd on hand and got pretty loud for the number of ppl that Autzen holds.

Ahh the telltale signs of a humiliated fan base and those who feel sorry for them.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back