Austin Price on the Locker Room Show says

So what was the deal he signed last year ? Thought it was 6-year, $38.2 million contract at Penn State thru 2026?

The buyout is a negotiated part of the deal separate from the total value of the contract. A large buyout would help the university and potentially hurt the coach.

For a crazy example of buyouts look at Fisher and A&M. A&M was so desperate for an elite coach they signed him to a $75 million fully guaranteed deal...with no buyout. That means if Fisher wants to leave for a school like UT or take a shot at the NFL, no one owes A&M a dime. However if they fire Fisher today they will owe him around $50 million.

Wrong, several players when interviewed by police stated that Franklin told them not to discuss the matter with police
I lived in Nashville during this time. Not a Franklin fan by no means but I never read that several players told police this. Obviously you have proof, who were the several players? Can you provide at least 3 names?

Not saying he was there. Nashville papers obviously covered the trial very closely and the thing that always stunk to high heavens was a phone call Franklin placed to the victim. He was questioned about it at the trial and he said he was just calling to check on her (if I remember correctly he did not reach her). I believe this was before her name became public. So he got her cell from one of the rapists and either he was seeking to influence the young women or he is the stupidest man alive.
I do not think he is stupid. I hope that explains why I believe he involved himself in the rape.
We do not need his kind at UT.

The Nashville DA says he in no way hindered or didn't cooperate with the investigation. It's damn unfair to extrapolate that a phone call that didn't even connect was him behaving badly regarding a rape case.

Reactions: volfan8
The Nashville DA says he in no way hindered or didn't cooperate with the investigation. It's damn unfair to extrapolate that a phone call that didn't even connect was him behaving badly regarding a rape case.
I don’t believe for one minute that call wasn’t an attempt to affect the rape victims actions. Do you really believe Franklin was calling to see how her bruises were healing? Checking to see if she was having a little PTSD? Checking to see if maybe she hadn’t gotten so drunk maybe this wouldn’t have happened. Additionally if you don’t think Vanderbilt alumni could hold sway over a Nashville DA you are very naive.

You state that as if there's any proof it happened. There's a reason no criminal charges were filed. It was investigated by police and the DA in State College as well as the school itself. All found there was absolutely no evidence of any of the things the person claims. Do you really think Penn State would risk hundreds of millions of dollars and the death penalty for its football program to cover this up? Not to mention the State College district attorney and the police would have to be involved in the cover up.
Don’t try to explain anything to this guy

I don’t believe for one minute that call wasn’t an attempt to affect the rape victims actions. Do you really believe Franklin was calling to see how her bruises were healing? Checking to see if she was having a little PTSD? Checking to see if maybe she hadn’t gotten so drunk maybe this wouldn’t have happened. Additionally if you don’t think Vanderbilt alumni could hold sway over a Nashville DA you are very naive.
And the election was stolen...tinfoil time

So you just put a bunch of your feelings and biases onto a situation you know nothing about and declare it the gospel truth? Now the Nashville DA's office is involved in the coverup too even though he got 15-25 year sentences for the players involved?

So you just put a bunch of your feelings and biases onto a situation you know nothing about and declare it the gospel truth? Now the Nashville DA's office is involved in the coverup too even though he got 15-25 year sentences for the players involved?
Perhaps I am putting my biases in. Are you the lone human on earth who doesn’t let their biases influence their opinions?
So bottom line is you think Franklin called the rape victim for no reason other than to check in? That is a yes or no question.

Perhaps I am putting my biases in. Are you the lone human on earth who doesn’t let their biases influence their opinions?
So bottom line is you think Franklin called the rape victim for no reason other than to check in? That is a yes or no question.

I'm willing to say I have no idea what he was intending. I can't make definitive statements about what goes on in the mind of other human beings.

That said, I am willing to take someone at their word unless I've no reason to do so. Perhaps that makes me more the fool, perhaps not.

I do know it is a massive leap to decide someone is complicit in a heinous crime like gang rape based entirely on speculation and bias. Lives get ruined that way.

Reactions: MaTaLa
I had rather go winless than have that finger flyer to our on fans, as coach. I'd burn all my orange clothing and quit deer hunting.

Reactions: Border Vol
That sounds like the current situation at Penn St involving his star LB.

Former PSU player: Coach said don't talk to cops
Good advice for anyone. If you are suspected of any crime, nothing good can ever come from talking to police. Any lawyer will rightfully tell you that. There is a very good video on YouTube with a law professor and a police detective who both tell these law students that nothing good can come from that...and then proceed to explain why.

Good advice for anyone. If you are suspected of any crime, nothing good can ever come from talking to police. Any lawyer will rightfully tell you that. There is a very good video on YouTube with a law professor and a police detective who both tell these law students that nothing good can come from that...and then proceed to explain why.
What if you are a witness, and not a suspect?

VN Store

Back