Austin Price on the Locker Room Show says

You state that as if there's any proof it happened. There's a reason no criminal charges were filed. It was investigated by police and the DA in State College as well as the school itself. All found there was absolutely no evidence of any of the things the person claims. Do you really think Penn State would risk hundreds of millions of dollars and the death penalty for its football program to cover this up? Not to mention the State College district attorney and the police would have to be involved in the cover up.
If it didn't happen why would Franklin tell his players not to cooperate with the police. the players themselves said this happened?

Reactions: Lucy
I dont see how you preach integrity and then get someone like Franklin involved in a rape scandal.

How was Franklin involved in a rape scandal? He was on vacation in Florida when it happened. We heavily recruited 2 of the players, the TE from California and the DB from Ensworth. Geez

If it didn't happen why would Franklin tell his players not to cooperate with the police. the players themselves said this happened?

"Players" aren't saying it. The former player who filed the lawsuit is the only one saying that. So the choice becomes, believe the former player who is seeking money or the multiple agencies who investigated it and found nothing credible at all.

"Players" aren't saying it. The former player who filed the lawsuit is the only one saying that. So the choice becomes, believe the former player who is seeking money or the multiple agencies who investigated it and found nothing credible at all.
Wrong, several players when interviewed by police stated that Franklin told them not to discuss the matter with police

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
How was Franklin involved in a rape scandal? He was on vacation in Florida when it happened. We heavily recruited 2 of the players, the TE from California and the DB from Ensworth. Geez
He told his players he saw the rape video and then in court stated "I really didn't mean that when i said it"

Wrong, several players when interviewed by police stated that Franklin told them not to discuss the matter with police

Please link that, I'd really like to see it. Everything I find only brings up that Humphries, who filed the lawsuit, said Franklin got him in his car and told him not to talk to police.

Franklin would be great here. I am tired of losing, I want to win, and he can win.
Look at his record against top 15 teams then get back to us on that. The teams we need to beat are in that bracket, and he sucks against them. I'll pass.

Look at his record against top 15 teams then get back to us on that. The teams we need to beat are in that bracket, and he sucks against them. I'll pass.

I like that you said top 15 instead of top 25. Because he had 3 wins vs 16, 17, and 24 in 2019 alone as well as a win over 15.

The man beat Georgia, Florida and Tennessee in the same season at freaking Vanderbilt. He also beat Auburn there. He's an absolutely great coach and would be the 3rd best coach gameday coach in the SEC as soon as he stepped foot on campus.

P.S. We need to start beating the Kentuckys, Arkansass, BYUs and Georgia States of the world.

All that said, I don't think there's any real shot he'd take the job here. But people who imply he isn't a top flight coach are crazy.

Reactions: DERELICK_MY_VOLS
Maybe ask the Vandy rape victim why he’s not a good choice.

What exactly did he have to do with the person getting raped? Serious question. Are you saying he was there? Are you saying he told them to rape her? What is his blame in their crime? The guys that did it all got 15-25 year sentences. It's terrible that it happened but I'm not clear on why blaming someone not involved is a good thing.

If white talked to Franklin without talking to FREEZE or kiffin, he is not doing his job. All i want is to hire someone who's been a head coach with a winning program.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
If white talked to Franklin without talking to FREEZE or kiffin, he is not doing his job. All i want is to hire someone who's been a head coach with a winning program.
You can’t really say you want someone who is a head coach who won and not say James Franklin in that same sentence

What exactly did he have to do with the person getting raped? Serious question. Are you saying he was there? Are you saying he told them to rape her? What is his blame in their crime? The guys that did it all got 15-25 year sentences. It's terrible that it happened but I'm not clear on why blaming someone not involved is a good thing.
Wow. Far out

If we're this cranked up for Franklin, why no noise for Mack Brown?

John Pennington, Jimmy Hyams, Wil Overstreet, and David Ubbens said today on “The Sports Source” that Mr. White and UT had been totally silent about the coach search. Not one of them had any news for sure of any coach UT was looking at. They did mention a few coaches that the Parker Group had vetted, but that was it. I hope they keep it that way until a new coach is found. We don’t need another social media fiasco as before.

Pennington also handed out McDonald's bags to Hyams, Overstreet and Ubben during that telecast.

Very good joke,

Reactions: Volnuck
Not saying he was there. Nashville papers obviously covered the trial very closely and the thing that always stunk to high heavens was a phone call Franklin placed to the victim. He was questioned about it at the trial and he said he was just calling to check on her (if I remember correctly he did not reach her). I believe this was before her name became public. So he got her cell from one of the rapists and either he was seeking to influence the young women or he is the stupidest man alive.
I do not think he is stupid. I hope that explains why I believe he involved himself in the rape.
We do not need his kind at UT.

VN Store

Back