Austin peay on direct tv?

If any1 wants to know how to watch it free streaming live thru comcast just let me know this is for tn viewers. A little trick

I'm in. I have comcast and would like to get past the blackout. What is your trick?

All u have to do is download hotspot shield just type in google. Then once installed u can click protect computer and it will change ur ip address to another state then log into comcast streaming and if u want can go buy a hdmi cable to transfer to ur tv and voila

All u have to do is download hotspot shield just type in google. Then once installed u can click protect computer and it will change ur ip address to another state then log into comcast streaming and if u want can go buy a hdmi cable to transfer to ur tv and voila

Thanks TennPitts! Will give it a try.

Well, I was able to watch espn3 last year. But, f'ing Windstream decided their viewers didn't need the service.

TL;DR. F*** Windstream.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope it's on Dish Network.

It is...it's up on the ppv sports channels (450's, 460's) for 39.99. Also, haven't found it in HD. It kind of sucks to pay that much for blurry picture...but we all sacrifice at times for The Big Orange LOL.

what will that cost ? i'm a cheap sort :)

155 with the tax and fees - then hold your breath that the game thats on before UT doesnt go more than the allotted 3 hours or you will miss some of it- the morons wont exit a game even if the score is 63-0

Its not that hard to figure out folks!

It will be on both Dish & DirecTV!

"Will be televised on a pay-per-view basis across the state of Tennessee. Kickoff for the game on Saturday, Aug. 31 vs. Austin Peay is scheduled for 6 p.m. Eastern / 5 p.m. Central."

"The game will be available nationally on ESPN GamePlan and ESPN3, with a blackout in the State of Tennessee."
If you live OUTSIDE Tennessee (any state but Tennessee!) It WILL BE AVAILABLE on ESPN GamePlan & ESPN3!

If you live IN Tennessee it WILL BE BLACKED OUT on ESPN Gameplan & ESPN3!

If you live IN Tennessee YOU WILL have to BUY IT on Pay-per-view through Dish, DirecTV or your local Cable Outlet! If like the last several years they will release channel number & game Price around the middle of the day Thursday but may not show up on your on screen guides until as late as Saturday morning!

I quit all TV a couple of years ago; have done several Vol games on First Row online. Yes, the pop ups are pretty jacked up and the quality of the stream can sometimes be poor. Also, even when ESPN3 (I am able to get it since my internet is through AT&T) does do one of our games, quite often the quality of it sucks (screen freezing, bad delays). NBC seems to have the best live streaming (like during the Olympics) of the big networks, but that doesn't help us. I sometimes will go someplace (like the Mellow Mushroom on the Strip) to watch a game, which is fun, HOWEVER, by the time I spend money on beer, food, and take into account that I sure as hell better not have too much to drink and get stopped by the law on the way home, I start to thinking "Hell, I might as well bend over and start paying for cable, dish, etc. again." I'm still holding out for a la carte programming. While they say it won't happen, I still don't see why your average cable/dish provider wouldn't rather take my $20 a month and give me 14 channels of my choice (which would naturally include ESPN, ESPN2, etc.) than get zero dollars from me and give me nothing. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it could have something to do with greed, one of the biggest f%@#*!g things that is killing our country. Another option which I pray will be a thing of the past in the very near future, is going over to the game and getting those $20 tickets, which I'm sure all of us have done, especially the last two seasons. I got two killer seats for Ole Miss (remember when we actually won an SEC game?) for $15 each. I really do think that is going to change with Butch taking over the deal and I will be very happy when it does. Go Vols. Wood Man

Not being rude, but Why in the world would you be in Knoxville and not go to the game?

Thanks for not being rude! I also appreciate your extensive answer to my original question.

To show my appreciation for your incredible partcipation, I'd like to answer your question:

There are over 300,000 people in Knoxville, Neyland Stadium only holds 100,000+, by default this is why someone could be in Knoxville and not go to the game.

However, as you likely already know, not everyone wants to go to games like AP - especially when the game can be viewed in more detail and general comfort on television.

I get bored watching a big school beat down a little school after the first quarter. There's no need to pay a few hundred $ for a couple of tickets and refreshments at a game that will be over, in all the meaningful ways, by half-time.

Personally, I am more comfortable watching the game on T.V., whether at home or in a sports bar - unless it's a marquee match-up.

Also, not everyone can afford the costs involved with attending a game - which are not simply the price of tickets. Thankfully I can afford a game, but not by much. If I'm gonna spend some scratch on tickets and game-day experience, I try to do it for USC, UF, UA, etc.

So, besides continuing to be side-tracked into explaining why in the world I would be in Knoxville and not attend the game, I'd like to get back to the point of my question....

Does anyone know the places where the UT v. Austin-Peay game can be seen?

I noticed some replies from members saying that any place that has a T.V. will be showing the game. Well, that is half-correct...

They must have a T.V. and they must also pay the commercial price of the PAY-PER-VIEW game.

Generally there are several local sports bars who will promote game-day specials and play the pay-per-view games.

Last edited:

"Will be televised on a pay-per-view basis across the state of Tennessee. Kickoff for the game on Saturday, Aug. 31 vs. Austin Peay is scheduled for 6 p.m. Eastern / 5 p.m. Central."

"The game will be available nationally on ESPN GamePlan and ESPN3, with a blackout in the State of Tennessee."
If you live OUTSIDE Tennessee (any state but Tennessee!) It WILL BE AVAILABLE on ESPN GamePlan & ESPN3!

If you live IN Tennessee YOU WILL have to BUY IT on Pay-per-view through Dish, DirecTV or your local Cable Outlet! If like the last several years they will release channel number & game Price around the middle of the day Thursday but may not show up on your on screen guides until as late as Saturday morning!

Thank you! I don't know why this is so confusing for some people.

Thanks for not being rude! I also appreciate your extensive answer to my original question.

To show my appreciation for your incredible partcipation, I'd like to answer your question:

There are over 300,000 people in Knoxville, Neyland Stadium only holds 100,000+, by default this is why someone could be in Knoxville and not go to the game.

However, as you likely already know, not everyone wants to go to games like AP - especially when the game can be viewed in more detail and general comfort on television.

I get bored watching a big school beat down a little school after the first quarter. There's no need to pay a few hundred $ for a couple of tickets and refreshments at a game that will be over, in all the meaningful ways, by half-time.

Personally, I am more comfortable watching the game on T.V., whether at home or in a sports bar - unless it's a marquee match-up.

Also, not everyone can afford the costs involved with attending a game - which are not simply the price of tickets. Thankfully I can afford a game, but not by much. If I'm gonna spend some scratch on tickets and game-day experience, I try to do it for USC, UF, UA, etc.

So, besides continuing to be side-tracked into explaining why in the world I would be in Knoxville and not attend the game, I'd like to get back to the point of my question....

Does anyone know the places where the UT v. Austin-Peay game can be seen?

I noticed some replies from members saying that any place that has a T.V. will be showing the game. Well, that is half-correct...

They must have a T.V. and they must also pay the commercial price of the PAY-PER-VIEW game.

Generally there are several local sports bars who will promote game-day specials and play the pay-per-view games.

You need to grow some thick skin if you are going to be on a message board. You are a UT fan on a UT fan site, so my question about why you aren't going to the game shouldn't strike a nerve so bad with you. I can't answer your question about where to watch the game because I don't live there

I get bored watching a big school beat down a little school after the first quarter....

Stopped reading after that. True fan could never get bored watching the Vols play ANYONE. You don't get it.

$40 bucks seems like a deal compared to the upcoming Mayweather v. Canelo $75 PPV price.

Oh, I recall the $15 buck Vol PPV. haha

If you have ESPN GAMEPLAN and live in the state of Tn call direct and tell them you want to change your service address and make it any address in another state and you will be able to watch thru ESPN GAMEPLAN I have done this many times

Residents in the state of Tennessee can order the UT-Austin Peay game on

DISH Network channel 461
DIRECTV channel 785
AT&T U-verse channel 636.

So, I'm confused the article on VN home page says the game is only available for out of state residents if you buy the whole GamePlan package. Anybody dealt with this or know if you can buy a single game?

So 785 on Direct still shows blank. The box they'll be ordering on is at my parents cabin so no phone line or WiFi for the box.

Can I call and order it or will I get a blank stare from customer support?

YES, YOU CAN GET A SINGLE GAME WITH DIRECTV!!!!!!!

I and many others on here have stated that we all have done it many times

That's not what I'm asking.

The box my parents will be using isn't connected to a phone line or a network. Usually for larger events you can order online, text to order, etc. With the game not listed yet, those are not options.

I'm trying to get it squared away tomorrow so I'm not doing it on Saturday.

sorry, my reply was to the one above yours. :)

I've always just called DTV and told them what game I want. Never had an issue doing it that way.

VN Store

Back