auburn?

its got quite a different feel than a bigger city like knoxville. maybe the sense of being no one but students and coaches and teachers is appealing to recruits

I live near Auburn and it is a very cool town. A common comparison is that Auburn is Clemson, just without the lake

You can play for a guy whose team got consistently thrashed in the Big 12 North? I dunno.

Good academics.........don't know if that counts.

umm... no. auburn is where all the georgia rejects go. occasionally, someone actually chooses auburn OVER another SEC school, but that is because of scholarships or family ties or something. never, ever because of academics. my dog could get into a better university than auburn.

umm... no. auburn is where all the georgia rejects go. occasionally, someone actually chooses auburn OVER another SEC school, but that is because of scholarships or family ties or something. never, ever because of academics. my dog could get into a better university than auburn.

Where does UT fit into all this academic talk?

Uhhhh, nice try. Math, engineering,etc. Ever heard of those?

there are much better schools to choose if you're going that route. Pretending a recruit would pick AU for their engineering program is ridiculous

Gorgeous girls and sweet Frat houses. Other than that........... Wal-mart. You ask directions down there and everything ends with "Wareagle". So it is very easy to get lost.

EX.: Hey man where is the Main St.?

AUB Fan: huh?

Where is Main St.?....... Wareagle?

Aub Fan: oh yea its down yinder on the left.

Gorgeous girls and sweet Frat houses. Other than that........... Wal-mart. You ask directions down there and everything ends with "Wareagle". So it is very easy to get lost.

EX.: Hey man where is the Main St.?

AUB Fan: huh?

Where is Main St.?....... Wareagle?

Aub Fan: oh yea its down yinder on the left.

Probably the same type of stuff could be said about Knoxville by a Dallas, TX native. Knoxville is certainly not heaven on Earth.

Uhhhh, nice try. Math, engineering,etc. Ever heard of those?

No better than UT or any SEC school for that matter.
Why in the hell are you defending Auburn? Are you a war eagle, tiger, lion or whatever the hell they are?

To hell with auburn!

No better than UT or any SEC school for that matter.
Why in the hell are you defending Auburn? Are you a war eagle, tiger, lion or whatever the hell they are?

To hell with auburn!

I ran out of orange Kool-Aid a while ago, and I don't let facts get in my way. Please accept my apologies.

Where does UT fit into all this academic talk?

Well Mr. War Finch, if you want to know the truth all the SEC schools (except Vandy) are pretty much on par with one another. If you think Auburn is any better than Tennessee, Georgia or Florida you are just a aubie homer.

This is a UT board. It is supposed to be a place where you build up t the University of Tennessee and belittle our rivals.

As such I went to HS with a guy that went to Auburn. I saw him a few times down there and sure I had a good time but I am a Tennessee Volunteer so I think we are better.

Does that make sense to you?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back