Auburn lowered a notch

GoTide

Believe it, it's true. Auburn is a friendly rival compared to UT. UT has now taken the spot as Bama's biggest rival. I think this started to take place a few years ago, when the Iron Bowl was no longer played at Legion Field, and tickets were no longer split 50/50. Then with all of the long winning streaks against each other, there develops this enthusiasm and hunger. Right now, obviously, Bama has that hunger. Most of you Tennessee fans feel like UT will win this year, but you had better not place any big bets on it. IF Bama stays healthy, big if, it should be a great game. I think the Bama fans are more pumped than the Bama players. If you haven't heard this redneck, give her a shot. She's a hoot. This audio clip is from a couple of years ago, I think. Talk to you guys later. http://www.finebaum.com/media/Phyllis_09_24_2002_2_.wax

Before I understood what football was, I knew I hated Alabama. When I was a little boy and would walk through a mall(in tennessee) and see Alabama merchandise everywhere something just fired me up. When my fellow tennessean's where Alabama fans because of there success I would be sick to my stomach. Well since then the playing fields have been more than leveled in or favor. Yeah I hate Florida but its nothing like Ole' Alabam. Now its time, NO PROBATION = NO EXCUSES

Oh and by the way that clip was great. I love to here fans get fired up even if it is for the other team. I had never been to Finebaum.com thanks for showing it to me I'm sure it will be a regular site I check now. Best of luck to you in the upcoming season just not against us.

PROUD TO BE ALABAMA'S MOST HATED RIVAL

I said last year that if Bama fans would give Mike Shula time, he would turn that program around. It may or may not be this season, but I stick by my beliefs. And as to the comment that UT fans believe we will beat Bama this year, THIS fan believes we will beat EVERY opponent this year. I always feel that way at the start of the season. :p

GO VOLS!!

A "rivalry" is a funny thing. The thing I hate for Tennessee is that we really don't have a true in state rivalry game like many teams do: Alabama/Auburn, FSU/Florida, FSU/Miami, Georgia/Georgia Tech, Mississippi/Mississippi St., etc. I think for a long time Alabama was considered by Tennessee fans to be our biggest rival. That was the one game that everyone wanted to go to and I think it still is for many people. However, now that the SEC has been split into divisiions the Georgia/Florida games are really more important. You make an interesting point though and I would be curious to know how many other Alabama fans feel the same.

VN Store

Back