Auburn hires Bruce Pearl

I would too. The only reason I would think he would take it is if for whatever reason he's not getting near as much interest behind the scenes as he thought.

But even if that's true, I'd still wait a year because as you said, the show cause is gone which may be hindering even the behind the scenes interest. Plus Auburn is the pits of the SEC.

If its behind the scenes, how would we know how much interest he has gotten from schools?

called it last week... Oh well, hope we can find someone better-- we are not in the tourney until we play UMass, so as far as I am concerned, CCM hasn't gotten a bid yet since he's been here..... go get that Belmont coach....

If I'm Pearl, I wait one more year. His options this year will be severely limited due to his show cause not expiring until August. One more year and he secures a much better job IMO.

Under Armour School.
Terrible basketball tradition.
Worst fanbase in the SEC, support wise.

If he takes the job, he's taking arguably the worst basketball job in the SEC. Will he get them better? Very likely, but I'll believe it when I see it that he does anything close to what he did at UT.

I would too. The only reason I would think he would take it is if for whatever reason he's not getting near as much interest behind the scenes as he thought.

But even if that's true, I'd still wait a year because as you said, the show cause is gone which may be hindering even the behind the scenes interest. Plus Auburn is the pits of the SEC.

There's no "if," it's confirmed.

Did I strike a nerve with the Bruce maniac comment?

I've said ever since Cuonzo was hired that I hope he works out. But it's getting more and more frustrating to watch this team. Now people are saying "See? Look at the last 5 games! I told you Cuonzo could do it!"

Where was that for the first 25 games? Why does it take the season to be ending down before we start winning games? How can this team demolish a number one seed and play two other number one seeds late into the second half, but get swept by aTm (a team not even good enough for the NIT)?

Then people like you talk condescendingly to anyone that wants a winning coach back.

There is a middle, which is where most of us are. I would like Pearl back. I'm not happy with Cuonzo's results. If we don't get Pearl back, I hope we do get someone that can have success here.

Reactions: 4 people
Bruce Pearl just hired by Auburn

174.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Not a big deal and he won't win many games.He isn't inheriting the greatest shooter and one of the top players in SEC history and an NBA pg this time.

VN Store

Back