Auburn bans student for Vescovi comment

And how many times has that happened to you that you have punched someone for simply saying words? Or can we just make up any fantasy scenario to excuse fake redneck tough guy machismo?

I'm just saying what are your values, clearly what happened today doesn't cross a line for you. So what does?

So it's okay for you to suggest that I'm mentally disturbed or that other posters suffer from the lack of reading comprehension and are p*$$*** as long as you don't want them dead? I doubt that the Auburn kid wants Vescovi killed.

I don't think I said disturbed, that's you making **** up again. I said "losing it" and I also stand by the lack of reading by Ricky.

Don't like it, don't say crazy things.

Also, if you don't like what I say why comment? Why seek my validation?

I would love to see you just walk by a guy berating a young lady or harassing blacks as N-words or do you just want to soundbite my comments?

Neither of these things happened tonight! One fan said something dumb and relatively-******, but you’re acting as if he needs to be disciplined to the fullest extent possible. Who are you, the chairman of English football?

Neither of these things happened tonight! One fan said something dumb and relatively-******, but you’re acting as if he needs to be disciplined to the fullest extent possible. Who are you, the chairman of English football?

You missed the conversation. The convo had shifted to whether physical violence was acceptable in a scenario where a black person was being called racial slurs or a women was being berated by a man.

I said yes others said no.

But yes the guy should be punished more harshly.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I'm just saying what are your values, clearly what happened today doesn't cross a line for you. So what does?
I notice you keep refusing to ask the two questions I asked.
1) would you physically attack a guy for yelling “go back to Germany or Norway”?
2) have you ever punched someone over words they said to you or someone else?

Reactions: feathersax
I notice you keep refusing to ask the two questions I asked.
1) would you physically attack a guy for yelling “go back to Germany or Norway”?
2) have you ever punched someone over words they said to you or someone else?

For the third time, I answered your #2 and said no. This is why I am saying you can't read because again you clearly cannot.

As far as your 1 goes, I think it depends a bit more on the context. It's vile either way. Can we agree on that or nah?

Wow, this escalated quickly. I say banned is enough. Let it be and move on. What do you expect out of Alabama folk?

Reactions: feathersax
At first glance, I agree it sounded kind of harmless. But what if he had yelled at a black player "Go back to Africa"? Pretty sure we'd all consider that racist. So maybe there's something to it.
Please don't bring logic and common sense into this.

For the third time, I answered your #2 and said no. This is why I am saying you can't read because again you clearly cannot.

As far as your 1 goes, I think it depends a bit more on the context. It's vile either way. Can we agree on that or nah?
So again everything you are talking about is made up fantasy and you never have and likely never would hit someone for saying that.

And now it’s about “context” 😂

At first glance, I agree it sounded kind of harmless. But what if he had yelled at a black player "Go back to Africa"? Pretty sure we'd all consider that racist. So maybe there's something to it.

Yeah....I'm not sure you'd be right about this.

anyone remember some of the things that have been chanted not by one student but by large portions of the stadium attendance at Neyland the last 2 or 3 years?
Seems one or two had to do with Florida and and a desire for some bodily functions to occur. Others had to do with providing positive and immediate feedback to referees.
I guess it is a little harder to ban half of a stadium attendance.:eek:

Reactions: Rickyvol77
anyone remember some of the things that have been chanted not by one student but by large portions of the stadium attendance at Neyland the last 2 or 3 years?
Seems one or two had to do with Florida and and a desire for some bodily functions to occur. Others had to do with providing positive and immediate feedback to referees.
I guess it is a little harder to ban half of a stadium attendance.:eek:
It’s this soft generation of twenty somethings. They think making fun of anything is offensive because they are mindless drones

Reactions: DixieVol
Must. Have. The. Last. Word. Because. I'm. A. Better. Person. Than. Any. Of. You. Old. Stupid. Religious. Gay. Hating. Xenophobic. Bigots. Can't. You. See. My. Virtue. Signals?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Now you sound like an old man getting pissed because he can no longer be offensive without being called out for it.
Lol I’m neither old nor do I condone saying stupid things. I’m pointing out that saying stupid things isn’t an excuse for someone to physically assault someone

Absolutely. Are you comparing the two situations ?

A kid says something stupid about a guy going home to his country = thug who should be beaten and banned and outed in public

A kid alludes that police officers should be killed after his valid arrest = misunderstood guy fighting the man?

The issue isn't whether or not the kid said something stupid or offensive. The issue for me is that the punishment is excessive. I think his friends saying "shut up dipsh**" to him is appropriate. Being forced to leave a public venue and now to be hammered on social media and suggesting he be kicked out of school or banned from future events is just way over the top IMO.

VN Store

Back