Auburn/Alabama Game

Memphis_Volunteer

What are your thoughts on this game? I'm hoping Bama's defense will beat up AU's defense a little bit for us before the SECCG.

Agreed - we will need some help. Auburn will have time to recover though (while we play UK).

I don't see how this game can be anything but an Auburn win.

Yep, I'm expecting a big Auburn will, but I hope Bama can help us out some by taking out Campbell or Cadillac or someone like that.

Maybe not taking them out -- but, if Campbell has a bad game, perhaps his confidence will be shaken. I still think he can be gotten to mentally.

Admittedly, I'm reaching here :rolleyes:

I just don't see how Bama has much of a chance but this is a rivalry game and you never know. That's why they play the games.

I think that the key to Campbell struggling is pressure, and a lot of it! That is one thing that we couldn't do much of when we played him. Mostly because our secondary is so young. They have been looking a lot better lately, so I say we put Jason Allen on a blitz every other play. Of course, that is just my opinion and with that and a quarter you could buy a stick of gum.

I think it'll be a physical game, but I don't see Alabama doing much to weaken up Auburn. Auburn could get a big head going into the SEC Championship game though, which could play into our hands.

Is Ainge gonna be back in in time for the SECCG?

Anyways, with either scenario (Auburn win, or Auburn win) There will be a way we can take advantage of it. If Auburn drops 100 points on the Big Red Retards, they will feel invincible, especially playing against a team they had already beat by 24 points. This time, the Vols will get to be the underdogs of the matchup (We were ranked ahead of Auburn when they beat us).

On the other hand, if Alabama's defense is as good as it's supposed to be, Jason Campbell and Williams will realize they are a lot more vulnerable than they thought. We go in and try to get our offense scoring fast and often in the early game and don't give Auburn enough time to catch up. A bit more risky and difficult scenario to pull off, but it can be done.

I read in the Tri-City News a quote from Fulmer that said Ainge's injuries are less serious than thought. Ainge thinks he'll be back for the KY game. Fulmer said he hopes so but that they will not push it. If this was posted elsewhere on this board, I apologise.

Originally posted by TigersTalons@Nov 15, 2004 6:34 PM
I dont think AU will overlook UT,UT is too talented and lookin for payback. :twocents:

You mean you hope they don't. We're talking about 18-21 year old kids here.

I am hoping for the best, but I do think Allbarn is that good. They are just dominate all over and I don't think we will be blown out I think we will loose by 14-21. There has been some inspiration out there for us:

"Miami will blow away Alabama"

Los Angeles Daily News article by Michael Ventre

Jan. 1, 1993

NEW ORLEANS -- Miami is No. 1. It will stay that way.

Alabama doesn't have a hope, or a prayer, or a shot in the dark of upsetting the Hurricanes for the national championship in tonight's Sugar Bowl. And it won't even be close. Alabama will be trounced, clobbered, mauled, devastated, humiliated and left for dead. The Crimson Tide will not roll, not even a little bit. Tonight you will experience low Tide. Probably even ebb Tide. You wouldn't even have to hike up your pant legs to wade in what be left of this Tide after the Hurricanes pass through.

Final Score Alabama 34- Miami 13

Originally posted by Rammer Jammer@Nov 16, 2004 2:38 PM

"Miami will blow away Alabama"

Los Angeles Daily News article by Michael Ventre

Jan. 1, 1993

NEW ORLEANS -- Miami is No. 1. It will stay that way.

Alabama doesn't have a hope, or a prayer, or a shot in the dark of upsetting the Hurricanes for the national championship in tonight's Sugar Bowl. And it won't even be close. Alabama will be trounced, clobbered, mauled, devastated, humiliated and left for dead. The Crimson Tide will not roll, not even a little bit. Tonight you will experience low Tide. Probably even ebb Tide. You wouldn't even have to hike up your pant legs to wade in what be left of this Tide after the Hurricanes pass through.

Final Score Alabama 34- Miami 13

Same prediction for UT against Miami in the Sugar Bowl. Oh man what a game that run by Powell was SWEET - left Blades way behind.

auburn will beat bama...but not by much. Wouldnt suprise me if if wasnt a field goal makin the difference. Tennessee will beat vandy n kentucky by fair margins of 15-20 points. I think the sec title game will be a repeat of the 1st aub/tenn game till 3rd quarter then the vols will make a run and itll be very very and yes very close game...31-28 VOLS. :thumbsup:

I’m a little biased, but I believe that Auburn will crush bama this weekend. Believe it or not, I am worried about UT. I’m not a Fulmer fan, but he is the best coach in the East, possibly the entire league, and I respect his ability to prepare a team. The SECCG will not be a repeat of the first meeting.

I’ve been reading the board for a while and you guys seem pretty level headed. I look forward to discussing December 4th with you.

Glad you joined. Really the Bama game shouldn't be close. I am not sure they can score. But us Vol fans can always hope they can bang you up a little. B)

Thanks.

I look forward to some good natured smack over the next couple of weeks.

I’ve given up on that with the bama boards that I have seen. They aren’t all bad people, but there always seems to be one poster that just wants to say stupid things.

Serious question, does anyone know of a bama board that is decent enough for visiting fans ?

I don't think there is one. :lol:

I think there is a link to one in the dropdown at the top of the board, but I haven't visited in a long time.

VN Store

Back