Aub fans want Gus fired

The guy is 2-2 vs Bama last 4 years. Hasn’t had them on probation yet (I guess that’s what they miss down there)

His biggest mistake was buying the bs that Bo Nix was a 5 star QB.

We would be handing out raises and extensions and partying in the street to be 2-2 vs Bama.

Our program really does suck. Our expectations are simply in another world compared to others. It’s Vandy level stuff now. Even being competitive with Bama is a pipe dream.

We would be handing out raises and extensions and partying in the street to be 2-2 vs Bama.

Our program really does suck. Our expectations are simply in another world compared to others. It’s Vandy level stuff now. Even being competitive with Bama is a pipe dream.
We hand out raises and extensions for seasons losing to Ga St.
Our coaches don't have to win anything to get them.

The guy is 2-2 vs Bama last 4 years. Hasn’t had them on probation yet (I guess that’s what they miss down there)

Nix was a fine prospect. But just like every QB Gus has ever had, he's regressed. That's why barners want Gus fired. They know next year is likely to be worse.

Auburn fans have wanted Gus fired since 2016, and he very well might have been fired if he lost to LSU early in the 2016 season. That extension and raise they gave him after the 2017 regular season continues to be a huge point of angst with him.

Having said all that, part of me wants to tell Auburn fans to just be satisfied with what they've done. Given that their huge in-state rival is on the greatest run in CFB history, how easy would it be for Auburn to have faded into irrelevance like Tennessee has?

Since Saban arrived at Alabama, Auburn has won a national title and played for another, won 2 SEC titles and played for another, and had a Heisman Trophy winner. Maybe it's the Tennessee fan coming out in me, but I find their complaints about having "only" gone 4-7 against Alabama since 2010 hard to sympathize with.

Outside of Clemson, Auburn has had far more success against Alabama than any other team. Tennessee hasn't beaten Alabama since 2006. LSU had an 8-game losing streak against them at one point. Auburn kind of acts like it's only them that has trouble beating Saban.

He can come to Knoxville if they don’t want him.

Would take Gus for sure. Might just need a change of scenery. Would probably fail but I think he's better than most retread candidates.

Would take Gus for sure. Might just need a change of scenery. Would probably fail but I think he's better than most retread candidates.
He'd give us a better chance of beating Alabama, that's for sure. We'd get so frustrated with him after a few years though, just like Auburn fans have, because his players get worse the longer they stay there.

I don't think it is a coincidence at all that his best years at Auburn have come in the first season with a transfer QB. 2010 with Cam (as OC), 2013 with Marshall, 2017 with Stidham. Cam was there just one year, and Marshall/Stidham regressed in their second years. His attempts to recruit and develop a QB (Jeremy Johnson and Bo Nix) haven't gone well.

Maybe he can get JG to transfer in.

We really aren't a SEC level team anymore...

We'd have more of a winning record in the sunbelt or something else.

I know we have been a SEC team since inception, but, unless we can compete with SEC teams... we are going to have a horrible record no matter who coaches us...

We really aren't a SEC level team anymore...

We'd have more of a winning record in the sunbelt or something else.

I know we have been a SEC team since inception, but, unless we can compete with SEC teams... we are going to have a horrible record no matter who coaches us...
Been saying this for a couple of years now. If we had an OOC schedule this year we might have a winning record. We can’t compete year in and year out in the SEC any more. We fool around and win a couple of conference games but really are not consistent.

Besides Auburn twice and LSU once ,
Alabama has beat the doors off everyone in this conference for the last 15 yrs.
So I really don't find our conference competitive whatsoever.

The team that spends money, makes money. Alabama did, Florida did. Meanwhile we sit around with a loser watching other fan bases celebrate. Absolutely unreal

Can have freeze tomm. But we are content with Pruitt and his loser personnel choices. And just sit here and take it like he’s a dictator

Anyone complaining should zip it until we prove that we can hire someone worth a ****ing damn

Rather vomit then here “aight” again. Gtfo aight?!

He's one of the few SEC coaches who has beaten Saban and the only active SEC HC who has beaten him more than once. I know many at The Barn want him gone but there's not a lot of coaches out there than can beat Saban at all.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
The team that spends money, makes money. Alabama did, Florida did. Meanwhile we sit around with a loser watching other fan bases celebrate. Absolutely unreal

Can have freeze tomm. But we are content with Pruitt and his loser personnel choices. And just sit here and take it like he’s a dictator

Anyone complaining should zip it until we prove that we can hire someone worth a ****ing damn

Rather vomit then here “aight” again. Gtfo aight?!
The sooner you accept the fact that mediocrity, not excellence, is the goal for Tennessee Football then the sooner you will come to the state of realization and peace.

VN Store

Back