Attendance today?

65-70k actual attendance. Large mostly empty swaths and people spread out with enough room for an actual human in the filled looking areas.

Reactions: I40flyer
No idea but we got a riverside table at Calhoun’s at 5:30 with a ten minute wait. I’d say it wasn’t very busy. Walked the kids through Ft Sanders to see my old apartment and there was hardly any students out. Kind of surreal.

I was disappointed. We were unable to attend today so I tried selling my tickets for way below face with no interest, then tried giving them away to friends/family with no takers. Not surprised it wasn't a great turnout. Hopefully SC will be different. This team is trying hard and they're making strides. They need the fan support
The fact that you were not able to get rid of your tickets is not a good measure of attendance.

Reactions: I40flyer
From my seat in YY8 I was disappointed more Vol fans didn't get to enjoy this win. However it was a great game with a great result. I would guess 70,000.

It was pretty loud for a noon game I thought. I'm hoarse anyway.

OMG - that pic looks like a spring game from the 90's. Never seen Neyland that empty, though I cannot say I'm surprised. Vol fans have gone above and beyond supporting this program, filling that stadium for losing teams and bad football. Other than maybe Notre Dame and Nebraska, even the best fan bases have their breaking point and this team has not looked prepared, well-coached or even interested this season. Ultimately, the blame for all this falls on our bumbling administration of the past 15 years. All prez, chancellor and AD choices have been people without Tennessee backgrounds. That just does not work here. Fulmer as AD may be a start.

Last edited:
Was a really poor crowd. Sad times at Neyland. I’d guess 65k

OMG - that pic looks like a spring game from the 90's. Never seen Neyland that empty, though I cannot say I'm surprised. Vol fans have gone above and beyond supporting this program, filling that stadium for losing teams and bad football. Other than maybe Notre Dame and Nebraska, even the best fan bases have their breaking point and this team has not looked prepared, well-coached or even interested this season. Ultimately, the blame for all this falls on our bumbling administration of the past 15 years. All prez, chancellor and AD choices have been people without Tennessee backgrounds. That just does not work here. Fulmer as AD may be a start.
Fulmer as AD is more likely the end.

Average 87k a game so far this year. Looking to be the lowest attendance in possibly 30+ years.

I'd say more than most of you are guessing. You should really show up for the game if you want an accurate count. 20191012_142403.jpg

They may have announced 85k but the actual was more like 70K at most. In section V there was as many empty seats around us as were occupied. made it nice to be able to stretch out and actually lean back onto the empty row behind us. One of the more disappointing crowds I can remember.

This is during the game:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Press row views <a href="#SEC hashtag on Twitter">#SEC</a> RT <a href="WJHL Sports (@WJHL_Kenny) | Twitter">@WJHL_Kenny</a>: Several empty seats for the Vols game <a href="WJHL Sports on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/VztHNQnoRk</a></p>&mdash; Empty Seats Galore (@EmptySeatsPics) <a href="">October 12, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

VN Store

Back