Attendance at Orange and White Game?

i was there , never seen or heard , official count . but it was a sad day. if i was a gambler . my money on less than 10,000 . worse I have ever seen . as far as attendance goes . had a good time thou .

I hope it was a good time for all involved, this program has a lot of ground to make up to bring fans back.....I didn't think they would get over 15-17k, if it was closer to 20k then I would say that is good. Heupel is going to have to work overtime to get people interested and invested again, a fast offense means nothing if the defense cant stop anyone......

Idk how many where there but underneath the overhangs it was fairly crowded. Any emphasis on attendance at a spring game with ALL the factors in place would be totally futile IMO. Actually the crowd was bigger than I expected. But we had a great time and enjoyed seeing the offense regardless of the injury ridden short handed defense struggle.

Reactions: orangebloodforlife
It was at least 20k. Half of the bottom section was filled up

Yeah I don’t think the “There were only 10K” folks really understand what 10K in Neyland would look like.

Keep in mind that would mean the stadium is literally less than 10% full. For reference, if you were to divide the lower half into 1/5 portions, and the upper half into 1/5 portions, that means only one of all 10 portions would be full in the entire stadium.

Anyone who went to the game will tell you that wasn’t the case.

Yeah I don’t think the “There were only 10K” folks really understand what 10K in Neyland would look like.

Keep in mind that would mean the stadium is literally less than 10% full. For reference, if you were to divide the lower half into 1/5 portions, and the upper half into 1/5 portions, that means only one of all 10 portions would be full in the entire stadium.

Yeah id say 20-30k

I was there. I don't think it was more than 15 k at best. I mean every other row was already blocked off and everyone was really spaced out. Who cares, right? Weather, COVID, no pregame stuff, food court was closed (but not the bookstore of course) was not a recipe for success . USCjr moved this SG to Sunday due to weather.

It was a good game and I had fun. It was good to be outside, it actually was decent weather during the game itself. Go Vols

Reactions: tbh and ATC_VOL

The upper and lower bowls of Neyland have a little over 96,000 seats. The lower bowl has about 63,000 seats. As narrow as the seats are, you could put 35,000 in the lower bowl and it would look "full." At the O&W game people were spread out. There weren't as many there as you think.

Did CJH go on TV and Twitter berating fans for lack of support? I didn't think so.

VN Store

Back