Attack on Pat

Consequences like what lol?I'm all for getting on there and telling the person what a mean sob they are but apparently they deleted their post so what's the end game?Cancellation.

Didn't say anything in regards to this particular person or incident. Using social media in general exposes yourself to consequences, deleted or not. Once it's captured like in this case you're at the mercy of whoever is holding it. A comment like that although insensitive, might not play well down the road if the the one who said shows a repeat pattern or maybe takes on the twitter role of sympathy towards something close to them.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
But, do they? Why do we need to see what kind of person this is when all it does is hurt the entire Head, Summitt and Lady Vol family to keep seeing it?

Besides, since that poster deleted the heinous post she/he probably already realizes how disgusting it was.
Nice of you to take up for that poster but that poster has said several other things about our current players and this wasn't the first time he referenced Coach Summitt and the illness.

Didn't say anything in regards to this particular person or incident. Using social media in general exposes yourself to consequences, deleted or not. Once it's captured like in this case you're at the mercy of whoever is holding it. A comment like that although insensitive, might not play well down the road if the the one who said shows a repeat pattern or maybe takes on the twitter role of sympathy towards something close to them.
I guess my point is that it's just words.Not words of violence just insensitive words.Ignoring people like that is the best punishment.

It's disgusting i totally agree but it is what it is and he is a disgusting human being and even prepped the tweet about let's go low!

Let's also not act as if jabs at a coach and her passing out a net is the same as making fun of a disease that has taken way to many lives. I have taken up for Dawn on multiple occasions on this site but the more and more i hear this will happen less and less .

I love your posts but this hit home directly so it hit differently. Anyways i'll try to let it go but no promises and i can't say i wish him well either

Don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting anyone "let it go" as in "forgiving the person for posting it." Hell no! This is clearly a vile person, and I can't see myself ever forgiving the behavior.

I'm just suggesting that continuing to spread it instead of letting it die down before tens of thousands MORE people are hurt by it, doesn't make sense to me. I wish it had come out that day and, say, 200 people saw it, jumped all up in that person's grill u til they deleted it. Only 200 people would have had to ever see it. Instead, hundreds of thousands have now seen it because it keeps getting re-posted. That only compounds the problem. Ugh.

Maybe I'm just too sensitive. Carry on, friends!

Don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting anyone "let it go" as in "forgiving the person for posting it." Hell no! This is clearly a vile person, and I can't see myself ever forgiving the behavior.

I'm just suggesting that continuing to spread it instead of letting it die down before tens of thousands MORE people are hurt by it, doesn't make sense to me. I wish it had come out that day and, say, 200 people saw it, jumped all up in that person's grill u til they deleted it. Only 200 people would have had to ever see it. Instead, hundreds of thousands have now seen it because it keeps getting re-posted. That only compounds the problem. Ugh.

Maybe I'm just too sensitive. Carry on, friends!

thanks

Sad truth is ..... some folks couldn't pour piss out of a boot without the instructions written on the heel

I haven't heard that one in ages.

200w.gif

Sad that someone took a swipe at Pat..... someone who in life and in memory should be beyond reproach..... for all she gave to the game and for the person she was......

Sad truth is ..... some folks couldn't pour piss out of a boot without the instructions written on the heel

“don’t ever let somebody piss on your boots and tell you it’s raining.” That’s what my dad always said.

must be how the pee got in there in the first place for your saying 😂

I guess my point is that it's just words.Not words of violence just insensitive words.Ignoring people like that is the best punishment.
I understand the turn the other cheek view. In today’s world you can’t pick and choose in situations like this. Having a child with a condition or losing family members the way Coach Summitt left isn’t viewed jokingly. Joke about disabilities or Alzheimer’s face to face with a loved one and see if violence/altercation ensues.

I understand the turn the other cheek view. In today’s world you can’t pick and choose in situations like this. Having a child with a condition or losing family members the way Coach Summitt left isn’t viewed jokingly. Joke about disabilities or Alzheimer’s face to face with a loved one and see if violence/altercation ensues.
Oh don't get me wrong I'm not necessarily a turn the other cheek kinda guy lol and I've lived long enough to lose loved ones to every horrible disease imaginable.I just despise Twitter cancellation mobs and that's what the original post feels like it's attempting to do.

Reactions: Majors
Oh don't get me wrong I'm not necessarily a turn the other cheek kinda guy lol and I've lived long enough to lose loved ones to every horrible disease imaginable.I just despise Twitter cancellation mobs and that's what the original post feels like it's attempting to do.
I agree, not a fan either. But common sense says don’t insult/joke about those items that HR terminates for.

There are some things that are out of bounds. Trashing Pat via the disease that took her life is SO out of bounds.

What a loser, too ignorant to realize she’s cutting down the pioneer of lady’s basketball college and professional. What an idiot person. I dare her say that to Candace Parker.

VN Store

Back