aTm board on board

The name stays. It’s like the story of Ray Croc. He was asked why not just copy everything and do your own version.

- Dick McDonald: Lots of people started restaurants.
- Ray Kroc: As big as McDonald's?
- Dick McDonald: Of course not.
- Ray Kroc: No one ever has and no one ever will because they all lacked that one thing... that makes McDonald's special.
- Dick McDonald: Which is?
- Ray Kroc: Even you don't know what it is.
- Dick McDonald: Enlighten me.
- Ray Kroc: It's not just the system, Dick. It's the name. That glorious name, McDonald's. It could be, anything you want it to be... it's limitless, it's wide open... it sounds, uh... it soundslike... it sounds like America.

Well the SEC didn’t “need” Arkansas or South Carolina. The SEC didn’t “need” Texas A&M or Missouri.
. I could roll with South Carolina and Arkansas maybe cause I was just 13 at the time they joined. I didn’t and will never be cool with A&M and Mizzou being in the SEC and OU and Texas is just damn ridiculous.

The name stays. It’s like the story of Ray Croc. He was asked why not just copy everything and do your own version.

- Dick McDonald: Lots of people started restaurants.
- Ray Kroc: As big as McDonald's?
- Dick McDonald: Of course not.
- Ray Kroc: No one ever has and no one ever will because they all lacked that one thing... that makes McDonald's special.
- Dick McDonald: Which is?
- Ray Kroc: Even you don't know what it is.
- Dick McDonald: Enlighten me.
- Ray Kroc: It's not just the system, Dick. It's the name. That glorious name, McDonald's. It could be, anything you want it to be... it's limitless, it's wide open... it sounds, uh... it soundslike... it sounds like America.
Watched that story on History..those are fairly interesting including Kellogg vs Post then later Kellogg vs Kellogg...I came away with appreciation of Kroc's business savvy....but still wanted to throat punch him for being a dick...guy that took over Nabisco...Adolphus Green was also a giant POS

Reactions: supersmo18
Even tho I don't have a problem with it it doesn't really change anything. Basically it's another competitive for the top teams and another loss for the bottom teams. Right now outside of us the rich in the SEC that has always been is rich and the poor that has always been is poor. So get excited if you must or just blow it off it's really no big change.

Reactions: TrueOrange
. I could roll with South Carolina and Arkansas maybe cause I was just 13 at the time they joined. I didn’t and will never be cool with A&M and Mizzou being in the SEC and OU and Texas is just damn ridiculous.
Have you ever traveled to Oklahoma or Texas? Many parts of either state have a very southern hospitality feel.

Hell, did you know Houston TX is called the "Bayou City"? Rural texans are just as football mad as people from our region.

Texas A&M has fit just fine. Texas will be an even better fit

IMO NASCAR was on it's way to ruin and losing me as a fan when they started racing at places like Dover and Michigan. Today it's basically Indy car racing with a template of skin of a full body car wrapped around it.

I can see the day not so far out where the focus of the SEC will be on major tv markets and if either of the teams does not have a major market fan base, they'll have a hard time getting on tv at all. I'm going to take a wait and see attitude about the new SEC lineup before giving it a thumbs up or down though. If it's a better product across the board and entertaining I can continue to be a fan.

Reactions: Bigorangedan23
Watched that story on History..those are fairly interesting including Kellogg vs Post then later Kellogg vs Kellogg...I came away with appreciation of Kroc's business savvy....but still wanted to throat punch him for being a dick...guy that took over Nabisco...Adolphus Green was also a giant POS
Oh total screw job! Insisted on a handshake deal on the 1% for the McDonald’s Brothers and then reneged.

Reactions: VolnJC
Well it’s not the SEC anymore we didn’t need them so they gonna have to rename it. Greg Sankey has destroyed this league with greed.
Really it was only a matter of time the game over the last 15 years has changed so much that it basically forces change. I still think there is room to become better as a conference as a whole but that would come with not only adding but subtracting also. Some of the teams that could be subtracted from The SEC could be very valuable for another conference. The SEC is the top of the food chain but there is room for more if it is done right.

Have you ever traveled to Oklahoma or Texas? Many parts of either state have a very southern hospitality feel.

Hell, did you know Houston TX is called the "Bayou City"? Rural texans are just as football mad as people from our region.

Texas A&M has fit just fine. Texas will be an even better fit
From a sports perspective, they fit fine. But, administratively, Texas has never been one to just fit in. They insist on running the show and having their own set of rules. Nebraska can attest to what a team player Texas is.

IMHO, Texas is the supermodel that everyone dreams about but no one can live with.

watch the movie "the Founder" it tells the whole story. Kroc was a major dick.

'

From a sports perspective, they fit fine. But, administratively, Texas has never been one to just fit in. They insist on running the show and having their own set of rules. Nebraska can attest to what a team player Texas is.

IMHO, Texas is the supermodel that everyone dreams about but no one can live with.

Texas is like Eliabeth Taylor in that they get married a lot but a divorce is also lurking around the bend.

Sankey’s job is to look our for the interests of the SEC, not the teams individually, or the fans of each team. If he didn’t make the first move, it would have happened in another major conference and the SEC would be getting leftovers.
When the SEC started a conference championship game, everyone though it was crazy because it would hurt the losing teams chances in the final rankings. SEC has always seemed to lead in the business model of college football.
I hate change!!!!!!

VN Store

Back