Atlanta Police walkout

Sweet. Glad I lived up to expectations unlike those cops that are giving up on citizens.
I was actually hoping you could have some intelligent ideas that would help the situation instead of condescending responses. No one yet has had any.

Of course the officers were grossly overcharged here but I see that they have two problems to overcome:

1) Why did they hit him twice with bullets?

2) Although he was firing the taser at them, he was running away. as long as he doesn't stop and come back at them, the officers are not in danger. They could have called for reinforcements rather than hit him with two bullets

Of course this is all Monday morning QBing. How much slack do you give officers for being in the stress of this situation? The BLM crowd expects officers to behave perfectly under such situations. I think that's a lot to ask of human beings.

As for the blacks who say that they fear getting killed by police, there is a lesson to be learned here: Don't resist arrest. Don't steal the cop's weapons. Don't run away. Don't fire the weapon back at them. If you can avoid doing most of those things, regardless of race, you need not worry about getting killed. I'd have a lot more respect for BLM if they'd condemn Brooks' behavior here and advise their people not to do this if police interacts with them

Of course the officers were grossly overcharged here but I see that they have two problems to overcome:

2) Although he was firing the taser at them, he was running away. as long as he doesn't stop and come back at them, the officers are not in danger. They could have called for reinforcements rather than hit him with two bullets

Of course this is all Monday morning QBing. How much slack do you give officers for being in the stress of this situation? The BLM crowd expects officers to behave perfectly under such situations. I think that's a lot to ask of human beings.

As for the blacks who say that they fear getting killed by police, there is a lesson to be learned here: Don't resist arrest. Don't steal the cop's weapons. Don't run away. Don't fire the weapon back at them. If you can avoid doing most of those things, regardless of race, you need not worry about getting killed. I'd have a lot more respect for BLM if they'd condemn Brooks' behavior here and advise their people not to do this if police interacts with them
Tazers are considered just like guns. A precedent Atlanta set not even two weeks before.

Tazers are considered just like guns. A precedent Atlanta set not even two weeks before.
Would those statements from the DA be admissible in court? How likely is it this case is dismissed?

Last edited:

Sure, after a nut job drunk has just assaulted you and stole your taser, you should stop and pontificate.

The video, when viewed in real time speed, shows that this was not some extended time period where everyone had a chance to consider whether or not the threat was continuing. It actually looks like the shots came almost instantly after the suspect turned back and discharged the tazer. Let's say the suspect gets luck and zaps them both. How do the cops know that he, or someone else nearby, isn't going to circle back and use their firearms against them while they're immobilized? Also, probably something that there wasn't time to consider but just as likely as any premeditation. Years ago when I actually studied criminal law, we talked about a cooling off period and how that determines premeditation, maybe even intent. You can't just attack someone and then take a couple of steps back and not expect to get jacked back. It's called provocation. I really don't know how the law deals with this nowadays, but something seems to be off here.

I was actually hoping you could have some intelligent ideas that would help the situation instead of condescending responses. No one yet has had any.
A discussion about what exactly? People using over generalizations (much like I was doing with my breakdown of law enforcement) and how that is the problem with America right now? The fact that the average person doesn't have the stones about them to think critically about what they are saying, and maybe just maybe realizing that what they are spewing is nothing more than politically driven drivel. On both sides. Maybe discuss that the breakdown of the american family is really the breakdown of civility between people, and the rise of social media? And how people are so full of themselves that they can't stop to think, just for one Flippin second that not everyone is in one corner or the other. That not all cops are bad, and maybe just maybe protesters are right about some things and not all of them are "thugs."

What exactly would you like to talk about...

A discussion about what exactly? People using over generalizations (much like I was doing with my breakdown of law enforcement) and how that is the problem with America right now? The fact that the average person doesn't have the stones about them to think critically about what they are saying, and maybe just maybe realizing that what they are spewing is nothing more than politically driven drivel. On both sides. Maybe discuss that the breakdown of the american family is really the breakdown of civility between people, and the rise of social media? And how people are so full of themselves that they can't stop to think, just for one Flippin second that not everyone is in one corner or the other. That not all cops are bad, and maybe just maybe protesters are right about some things and not all of them are "thugs."

What exactly would you like to talk about...
Now that’s a positive and true statement. The statement was made about cops meeting in the middle, but when I asked for examples no one had any idea what that would be. Do you have any?

They are trained to double tap

They are trained to double tap

Most people who seriously train with a handgun, train to double tap and use triple tap training for controlled placement technique. This kind of shot training works quite well for those having issues with quick target reacquisition due to problems with handling recoil and/or improper grip issues. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
All I see in America today is South Park's Captain Hindsight who comes along with his 3 sidekicks, would of, could of, and should of.... and there is no real leadership anywhere, from any side, or entity. To be living in such a time of technology and information, society is getting dumber and dumber by the day and more easily manipulated than ever.
Facts

Just saw the original post. .Didn't know this as I refuse to watch the left wing liberal news. I say praise God!!!!!!! Now, its time for us to take a stand against UT football

The video, when viewed in real time speed, shows that this was not some extended time period where everyone had a chance to consider whether or not the threat was continuing. It actually looks like the shots came almost instantly after the suspect turned back and discharged the tazer. Let's say the suspect gets luck and zaps them both. How do the cops know that he, or someone else nearby, isn't going to circle back and use their firearms against them while they're immobilized? Also, probably something that there wasn't time to consider but just as likely as any premeditation. Years ago when I actually studied criminal law, we talked about a cooling off period and how that determines premeditation, maybe even intent. You can't just attack someone and then take a couple of steps back and not expect to get jacked back. It's called provocation. I really don't know how the law deals with this nowadays, but something seems to be off here.
In this situation it sounds like the officers were very well trained and did exactly what they were supposed to do. This is not a case of racial profiling or police brutality.

Reactions: Orange_Crush

Taser is a deadly weapon according to Georgia law, which the dumbass DA even stated in a press conference before this incident. Even if you are running away if you point at gun at the cops, or anyone really, you're getting shot. Running away doesn't give one the right to point at weapon at someone without repercussions.

World those statements from the DA be admissible in court? How likely is it this case is dismissed?
I think until/unless that previous case gets overturned the cop that shot Rayshard have a very good case.

Not likely to be dismissed. But I think as of right now it's a pretty open and shut case for the cops.

And then once that happens imo they will have a very good case against being fired. Which is why I think the police chief resigned when they were fired.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
So, "Racists!" it is, then.

Awesome contribution to "the problem".

When a person has nothing of substance to add then you get a retort like the one from the poster. Based on what we've seen from the poster he/she is probably upset he/she didn't get to start it with a race baiting title.

Taser is a deadly weapon according to Georgia law, which the dumbass DA even stated in a press conference before this incident. Even if you are running away if you point at gun at the cops, or anyone really, you're getting shot. Running away doesn't give one the right to point at weapon at someone without repercussions.
I have no idea why folks are so giddy to tag the running away stuff without the shooting a f***in taser at the same time.

I'll say it again, anyone who says it's only a taser has 👏 never 👏 been 👏 tased.

VN Store

Back