Assistant Coach Lacey Goldwire is leaving Tennessee

"We also express our thanks to Lacey as she concludes her time with our program. I appreciate her contributions here as an assistant and recruiting coordinator the past two seasons and wish her the very best as she makes the next step in her career."

Harper Comments On Staff Changes - University of Tennessee Athletics
What the 🏒🏒...All right now...it's time for homerun hires now...Hopefully this will not affect recruiting...We have bona-fide pieces coming in next year, so let's bring in bona-fide coaches 🧡🏀🧡

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Does anyone other than me feel like Goldwire was fired? The release on her departure is very delicately worded. To me it seems like Kellie was not happy with results on the recruiting front and progress in the transfer portal and kicked her to the curb. Just my take. Who knows.

Does anyone other than me feel like Goldwire was fired? The release on her departure is very delicately worded. To me it seems like Kellie was not happy with results on the recruiting front and progress in the transfer portal and kicked her to the curb. Just my take. Who knows.
It kind of seems that way to me. As a side, I watched many games over the past two seasons and I always noticed that Lacey didn’t seem quite as involved or emotive as the other coaches. Perhaps she was unhappy or it wasn’t a good fit? Regardless, wish her the best on her next stop. I’m hoping we land a top notch recruiter next!

That’s my take as well. A bit bummed as I have been following Lacey’s career for a while and was excited she was coming to Knoxville. I trust Kellie though and if those are the changes that needed to be made, then so be it. Hopefully we can snag someone who is an excellent recruiter.

It was in the back of my mind as well 🤔

Reactions: chuckiepoo
couldn't Kellie wait to fire her after we got same 2022 recruits all our progress in that class has been flushed in the toilet with Lacey gone

That would be good news

Fired is old school. They came to a mutual decision that is best to pursue other opportunities...

I guess people will read into it what they will. I don't know how much money she made but I'd bet she believes she can do better financially while experiencing a whole lot less pressure that went with being the recruiting coordinator for the Lady Vols. But, if the reason needs to be negative.....carry on. I'm sure you guys will do a great job with it.

200w.gif

Interested to see where were going with this. When is the last time both the men's and women's team had almost a complete turnover in Assistants. Has to be better than you had in the women's Assistants case hopefully we'll have some candidates to talk about real soon.

You posted this in three different threads.

"We also express our thanks to Lacey as she concludes her time with our program. I appreciate her contributions here as an assistant and recruiting coordinator the past two seasons and wish her the very best as she makes the next step in her career."

Harper Comments On Staff Changes - University of Tennessee Athletics
The Goldwire release sounds a lot like a mutual agreement that she needed to leave. I wonder where this leaves the players on the team any of them upset with this we'll see soon.

VN Store

Back