Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (PS4, XBox One, Windows)

It comes out today. I can't wait, I loved Origins.

Came out Tuesday! :p

It's pretty fantastic so far.. I've enjoyed the early missions. The story is always roughly the same, but the world around the character is beautiful.

And Sparta kicking fools left and right hasn't gotten old!

Came out Tuesday! :p

It's pretty fantastic so far.. I've enjoyed the early missions. The story is always roughly the same, but the world around the character is beautiful.

And Sparta kicking fools left and right hasn't gotten old!

How did you get it Tuesday? The official release date was today. I pre-ordered it and it arrived this afternoon. Was it one of the editions you got it early?

How did you get it Tuesday? The official release date was today. I pre-ordered it and it arrived this afternoon. Was it one of the editions you got it early?

Yeah, gold and ultimate came out Tuesday. Actually, they did a release Monday night at 9. I got the digital copy from gamestop. It started downloading at 11 pm CST.

How’s the game so far? Is it a must get? It’s the first AC game that I haven’t picked up on day 1.

How’s the game so far? Is it a must get? It’s the first AC game that I haven’t picked up on day 1.

I've played about an hour, and it's basically the same as Origins so far as far as gameplay, controls, etc.

I've played about an hour, and it's basically the same as Origins so far as far as gameplay, controls, etc.
Let me know how the naval combat and is? That peaked my interest. Also, the weapon upgrade system looks more involved compared to origins.

Man this game is huge. If you're a Skyrim or Witcher 3 player, you're used to these games that go on forever, but I'm not as used to them. Breath of the Wild is probably the longest I've spent on a game and that was making sure I got everything.

I've put over 90 hours into this game (had 4 straight days off last week and basically just played this) and I'm still 400 points short of getting 1000/1000 Achivement Points and I still have 3 main quests to do to finish the main game.

I will say the game has been more glitchy than Origins. My game has crashed literally 13 times now. Apparently one of the patches released actually made it worse. A few quests are bugged too, but so far it's only been side quests and no major ones or any that gives you achivements/trophies. The one that is for me is The Blind King which was a preorder bonus. The end of it has you get a treasure from a temple ruins area but that area is also an area you can clear by itself and if you clear the area before doing the mission, when you go back to get the treasure at the end of the mission, nothing is there. So you can't finish it. And that's what happened to me.

Reactions: Aesius
Let me know how the naval combat and is? That peaked my interest. Also, the weapon upgrade system looks more involved compared to origins.

It's not bad but I wouldn't call it revolutionary or anything. It doesn't seem that much different from naval fighting in earlier games. It's fun enough. I'm at level 50 now though so I pretty much easily destroy any fleet now.

Got my Google Project Stream invite today. Looking forward to trying this out in their new system. I'll report back.

Reactions: Vol_Doc
I have really enjoyed this! I didn't play Origins, so I really like how they revamped fighting. It is harder, but worth it. The game is huge, and I am really bad at trying to do every side mission possible. Thankfully they don't feel as repetitive as previous AC games.

I am at level 24 right now. My biggest annoyance is the mercenary piece. It seems like whenever one of them shows up, another two show up right behind them. So it can be difficult trying to fight 3 of them at once.

I'm having fun with it, but I can see it getting repetitive after a while. I'm not there yet so I'm trying to only do the more important side quests that give the artifacts or ability points.

It definitely feels like a Ubisoft game. Far Cry but during 400 BC.

I'm still playing it but I'm now having to wait for DLC releases. I've done everything you can. So far the DLC has been pretty meh.

Just FYI, Google is trying out a Streaming service for games right now and the game you play is AC Odyssey. You have to sign up first and wait to be selected, but both my friend and I got in. I also believe you get to keep AC Odyssey for free after the streaming ends on January 15th. you just have to make sure that you link your Uplay account when you login to play the game on the streaming service.

I played a little bit tonight. It runs as a browser-based game. I had no lagging issues and the game ran very smoothly. However, my friend and I do believe that it is running at 1080P or somewhere very very close to it. It is definitely not 2K or 4K. I'm fine with that, though.

Picked this up for Christmas, loving it so far. After the clunky controls of RDR2 it’s a great feeling to be so free again.

Xbox Live was having a sale on older AC titles, so I picked up the Ezio Collection, Unity (which I already beat but never did much achievements), and the Remastered Rogue. I'm currently playing through the remastered AC2 in the Ezio Collection. I forgot how much I loved AC2, but controlswise it is clunky to go back to them after playing the modern games. Still I miss the days of the modern part of the story having a purpose.

I bought this back in the middle of December for 50% off and have just now started to play it. I prefer it to Origins, maybe its the setting, not very sure but I barely played Origins and just couldnt get into it at all. Love the combat the the conquest battles are fun. The naval stuff is great too and something I missed from Black Flag. I see myself finishing this game which is pretty rare for me lol

I bought this back in the middle of December for 50% off and have just now started to play it. I prefer it to Origins, maybe its the setting, not very sure but I barely played Origins and just couldnt get into it at all. Love the combat the the conquest battles are fun. The naval stuff is great too and something I missed from Black Flag. I see myself finishing this game which is pretty rare for me lol

They've done a pretty decent job of keeping DLC coming too.

They've done a pretty decent job of keeping DLC coming too.
Yeah its gonna be a while before I even start thinking about touching any DLC (even though I got the version that includes all of them). I am still level 13 or so and very early in the story.......which, by the way, has been fantastic (even the side quest little stories) and much better to me than anything they have done in the past few AC editions......especially better than Origins IMO.

I don’t know if any of you did all the hunts for the daughters of Artemis, but I fought the boar in the gas pit last night. Maybe the toughest fight I’ve ever done in a Creed game.

I don’t know if any of you did all the hunts for the daughters of Artemis, but I fought the boar in the gas pit last night. Maybe the toughest fight I’ve ever done in a Creed game.

Yeah that one sucked. It took me about 5 tries, though I didn't realize at first it was giving off the gas and I couldn't figure out why I was dying so quickly. When I did beat it, I was almost dead.

VN Store

Back