Ask TheFallGuy Tech questions

My HT screen keeps blinking out and changing resolution, and then back again, sometimes it gets stuck and shows only my AV receiver's no input screen, when it damn well is getting input from the Nvdia 3080's HDMI port on my HTPC. I suspect the HDMI CEC or HDCP now apart of the newer 3000 series of Nvidia may me the culprit, as the reciever is first-second generation HDMI, but I am also wondering if it's simply a power issues on the GPU, as this is a really power hungry card, the maker did split the PCI-e cables to two 12v connectors for the card, but the card has 3-8 pin connectors, meaning one PCI-e has been split. Could the power be an issue? The issue only started after I got the new card, BUT, to fix the issues I have to turn AV reciever off and on, meaning the card's output is correct, but the AV seems to be misunderstanding what resolution to use. The AV receiever has not had a problem with any other device. It seems to be getting bad resolution information from the card. How would you go about figuring out the culprit?

My HT screen keeps blinking out and changing resolution, and then back again, sometimes it gets stuck and shows only my AV receiver's no input screen, when it damn well is getting input from the Nvdia 3080's HDMI port on my HTPC. I suspect the HDMI CEC or HDCP now apart of the newer 3000 series of Nvidia may me the culprit, as the reciever is first-second generation HDMI, but I am also wondering if it's simply a power issues on the GPU, as this is a really power hungry card, the maker did split the PCI-e cables to two 12v connectors for the card, but the card has 3-8 pin connectors, meaning one PCI-e has been split. Could the power be an issue? The issue only started after I got the new card, BUT, to fix the issues I have to turn AV reciever off and on, meaning the card's output is correct, but the AV seems to be misunderstanding what resolution to use. The AV receiever has not had a problem with any other device. It seems to be getting bad resolution information from the card. How would you go about figuring out the culprit?
@theFallGuy please translate into ingwrish. TIA

Tldr

It’s the Millennials.

@theFallGuy my Brother SX-4000 typewriter stopped sending faxes today. Any suggestions on how to remedy? I've got a rather extensive backlog of faxes I need to get to @Behr.
First of all, probably should stop trying to fax him noodz.

Also throw that model out the window. Everyone knows the SXL-8K model is the bees knees

UOTE="theFallGuy, post: 22388485, member: 19811"]First of all, probably should stop trying to fax him noodz.

Also throw that model out the window. Everyone knows the SXL-8K model is the bees kneesQUOTE]

Thanks Jimmy Margaret

Reactions: malinoisvol

VN Store

Back