As of Tennessee's last game on March 3rd

Maybe I’m missing something, but once the ball is past half court, is there a decernable difference in any of the 3 wing players roles? Seems like they start their motion and most everyone touches the ball?

Not really but it’s what happens right at half court that is the issue for SV. Last night was a perfect example. The Mizzu game plane was the pressure SV and east up the clock. When the other 3 guys played PG they didnt extend the pressure and our offense flowed much netter before it’s was 15-18 seconds on the shot clock when we finally were engaged into our set

Not really but it’s what happens right at half court that is the issue for SV. Last night was a perfect example. The Mizzu game plane was the pressure SV and east up the clock. When the other 3 guys played PG they didnt extend the pressure and our offense flowed much netter before it’s was 15-18 seconds on the shot clock when we finally were engaged into our set
Again, maybe I’m missing something but Fulky or Pons would jog up the court along with SV and serve as a pick for SV to rub his defender. I don’t recall us ever being in jeopardy of a 10 second call?

I think Springer has the most potential in the NBA from what I have seen. He is a straight up baller.
He could be a good one but purely talking about NBA potential it seems more and more teams value players who can contribute without the ball. Keon is tenacious on D and doesn’t need the ball a lot on offense to contribute, when Jaden gets more of his offense being ball dominant. However if Jaden’s three point shooting isn’t a mirage and he can keep it up above 35%, man. He could be a lottery pick.

Oh to be a Tennessee basketball fan in 2020, debating which of your bench players will go higher in the lottery

Again, maybe I’m missing something but Fulky or Pons would jog up the court along with SV and serve as a pick for SV to rub his defender. I don’t recall us ever being in jeopardy of a 10 second call?

Not saying anything about a 10 second call. I am saying there were a number of possessions where SV would cross half court and then stall 30ft or more from the hoop due to pressure. It just takes him too long to get into the set many times and before you know it there is 15-18 left in the shot clock

Last night was telling to me in that Mizzu extended the pressure on him just to eat up shot clock.
Much like we use the 3/4 court trap at time. It eats up shot clock

Take a peak at the 14:40 mark of the video and you see a good example of what I am saying. Yea the pressure is full court and yes a 10 second call isn’t a worry at all but SV doesn’t get us into the offense at here. In fact he has to make a pass out to Keon 35ft from the basket and we won’t really get into any set until it’s inside or 15 seconds on the shot clock.

Mizzu didn’t apply pressure to any Of our other 3 Pgs like that

Maybe I’m missing something, but once the ball is past half court, is there a decernable difference in any of the 3 wing players roles? Seems like they start their motion and most everyone touches the ball?

No that is what is hilarious about Bruin making this a big deal lol

Reactions: walkenvol
Tricky question

best scorer: SV

best defender: Keon, yea I said it better than pons

Best overall player: pons

Most valuable player: fulky

If you think SV is a better scorer than Jaden I have legitimate questions about if you’re watching the games or not lol

Take a peak at the 14:40 mark of the video and you see a good example of what I am saying. Yea the pressure is full court and yes a 10 second call isn’t a worry at all but SV doesn’t get us into the offense at here. In fact he has to make a pass out to Keon 35ft from the basket and we won’t really get into any set until it’s inside or 15 seconds on the shot clock.

Mizzu didn’t apply pressure to any Of our other 3 Pgs like that

26:45 of the video is the perfect example of what I am saying with SV stalling out the offense. There is 17 seconds left in the shot clock when he makes a pass that is 30ft away from the basket.

If you think SV is a better scorer than Jaden I have legitimate questions about if you’re watching the games or not lol

Better shooter no doubt
springer is certainly a better scorer in the sense of creating and getting his own pts.

If we use SV more off the ball during games and on the ball late in games with the lead he will score more pts than springer

Better shooter no doubt
springer is certainly a better scorer in the sense of creating and getting his own pts.

If we use SV more off the ball during games and on the ball late in games with the lead he will score more pts than springer

I agree better shooter but Vescovi can barely get to the lane. Jaden can get there whenever he wants and finish. If you need a late score you’d rather have the ball with Jaden than Santi.

Look I’m not the coach and we are undefeated and destroying teams, but Springer should get the most minutes of any of the guards

Yeah
It is difficult to justify changing the lineup especially if you are winning but I tend do agree with you about Springer. He has the highest ceiling of any freshmen in a Vols jersey since Tobias Harris.

Springer. He’s so smooth with the ball. Makes getting an open shot look so easy. He needs to be the guy running our offense eventually.

I think I was gonna say Springer if I hadn't chosen Pons. It's really such a toss-up though. It may simply be who wants it the most, and keeps improving.

Reactions: RockyTop140
I agree better shooter but Vescovi can barely get to the lane. Jaden can get there whenever he wants and finish. If you need a late score you’d rather have the ball with Jaden than Santi.

Victor Bailey also seems to be able to get a good shot off any time he wants to. I know people were saying that he needed to be set up for his shot, but I'm not seeing that.

There was a section early on where Vescovi made bad things lays on both ends and nearly single handed let Missou back in it. Springer and Johnson came in and scored on three straight possessions.

There was a different stretch where vescovi scored 5 straight to kill a Missouri run (I think it was in the first half). I think he just needs to be a little more aggressive.

I think that Vescovi gets much more valuable as the newcomers get more time with him. He’s a sneaky good passer, but it does no good if the passes ricochet off of the target’s face and goes out of bounds.

We agree for sure. I just think if SV was off the ball more he’s get more kick out looks and have a higher average. Late game free throws with the ball in his hands means more points too

Reactions: cardvolfan
Tough question to answer. I am shocked that so many people have already said JJJ. I feel like I was trying to convince people that he's a good player just a few days ago....I wouldn't have him in consideration for best on the team though. I think you have to look at Pons, Springer, and Vescovi. I have absolutely no confidence declaring anyone as the best player. I would put JJJ and Fulk in the same tier below Pons, Springer, and Vescovi.
I agree with this. He is solid defensively but just disappears on offense for long stretches.

We agree for sure. I just think if SV was off the ball more he’s get more kick out looks and have a higher average. Late game free throws with the ball in his hands means more points too

Good point. I’d want Vescovi at the free throw line at the end of close games more than any other player. Maybe JJJ as the second, but Bailey could be stable as well. Pons is the last guy that I want to see shooting clutch free throws of the first 7 in the rotation. Seems like Ticket was fearless and closed out a game at the FT line last year.

Springer’s first free throw was hopefully the worst brick of his career. He’s amazed me as solid of a shooter he’s been after witnessing that initial effort at the FTL.

VN Store

Back