As excited as I am watching ZZ....

GUNTERSVOL

VOL FROM BIRTH
Especially when we all factor in his youth and inexperience and being mined out of the Peach Jam by Barnes and staff, I am also very hopeful with the late season development by the rest of our Freshmen. To put it into perspective ZZ is a few months younger than Diboundje, but is actually older than Chandler, Aidoo, BHH, Mashack and of course Tamba. I hate that the two bigs are getting minutes due to late season injury, but BELIEVE that Coach is telling us he is still all in on their future. Both move well for their height and may well be called on down the stretch as we face different types of lineups. The history of development by our staff puts them in a good place, ALL of them. Everything I have seen on the bench seems to indicate they are all in on the team concepts. More roller coaster games ahead I fear. Never seen a team where everybody's good and bad streaks sync up. It is easier to deal with when you can call in some hot guys to replace the cold ones. Not our MO so far this year. I am just preparing to hold on tight and see where we go.

If it's true that Aidoo can step outside and be an effective shooter, down the road could we be seeing Wayne Chism redux? Wpuldn't that be something..
Aidoo has a really sweet shot mid-range on out. Barnes wants him more right now for what he brings to the table around the basket, but he’s going to be a very good all-around player.

I was confused why BHH played over Aidoo vs. Vandy. Aidoo seems to be way more ready.
At this point he's trying to buy minutes from the new posts while developing them. BHH is super raw but is an excellent rebounder, so I'm guessing that was the angle.

I watch BHH closely when he's in. He's usually putting himself into a good place to succeed, then making the wrong decision -- passing up an open shot at the top of the key, not taking the drive when it's open or dribbling himself into pressure. I hope it all gels for him soon, because his size and talent are apparent even with the problems.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
I was confused why BHH played over Aidoo vs. Vandy. Aidoo seems to be way more ready.

What role do you think Coach has envisioned for Tamba? Pretty close in size to Aidoo but much lighter than BHH. Looks the part though.

I'm trying to enjoy this year's team without looking forward to next year....a healthy Olivier with the holdovers from this year's squad have Elite 8 potential....obviously Fulky and Chandler will be missed ( if Chandler leaves), but next year's team has the potential to be better than this one.

I think BHH could be a candidate for the portal. Guy has tons of talent but he's not practicing and playing like Barnes wants him to. Just my opinion but it just has that feel.

So why has he started the last two games? Does not sound like a disconnect to me. He has to know that somebody. probably already here has to get all of Fulky's minutes and he obviously has more athleticism than Uros.

I'm trying to enjoy this year's team without looking forward to next year....a healthy Olivier with the holdovers from this year's squad have Elite 8 potential....obviously Fulky and Chandler will be missed ( if Chandler leaves), but next year's team has the potential to be better than this one.

Assuming Chandler does leave, how does our incoming guy compare as far as skill sets? It is nice that ZZ is going to have had this year as well.

Assuming Chandler does leave, how does our incoming guy compare as far as skill sets? It is nice that ZZ is going to have had this year as well.

Not nearly as fast. Maybe a better shooter. A combo guard rather than a true PG. He kind of sounds like a higher rated Bowden to me. I hope that BJE is far more consistent and better than Bowden.

The little I've read he's more of a combo guard with pg skills. A starting five of Zakai, Vescovi, Josiah, Olivier, and Uros would be very effective. A bench of Powell, Hatfield, Edwards, Mishiack, and Aidoo...would make this one of the deeper teams in the country. If Chandler comes back... this team has an Elite 8 floor.

The little I've read he's more of a combo guard with pg skills. A starting five of Zakai, Vescovi, Josiah, Olivier, and Uros would be very effective. A bench of Powell, Hatfield, Edwards, Mishiack, and Aidoo...would make this one of the deeper teams in the country. If Chandler comes back... this team has an Elite 8 floor.

Elite 8 FLOOR. Uh, hold your horses there.

Not gonna lie...next year, on paper, a starting lineup of ZZ, Vescovi, JJJ, BHH, and Aidoo seems filthy.

The ORN injury has taken BHH and Aidoo out of back burner mode and into active potential alternate status. They have in fact looked a lot like freshmen, imagine that. How they individually handle the learning curve will be important to us having some size when opposition lineups require it. They both look the part but that does not make their plus/minus numbers. I hope the lights come on for at least one of them, prefer both. Mashack and QD could be called into need as well with some combination of injury and foul trouble, but with Powell and Bailey we are not as thin production wise as we are at the 4/5 with ORN gone and Fulky compromised and Uros not as agile in the post. Hope they have been fast learners. Coach has sure said plenty of nice things about them and he does not sugar coat things often, so I will remain hopeful and let the results down the stretch unfold as game conditions dictate the better mix of guards and posts. Even young first year guys can grow up this late in their first season. I am still holding out that this class will be productive as a group and not need to suffer the attrition we have had with other recent Barnes classes. They seem to have all passed the character and grit tests the staff has.

I think BHH could be a candidate for the portal. Guy has tons of talent but he's not practicing and playing like Barnes wants him to. Just my opinion but it just has that feel.

Didn't he come out a year early? We've got to cut the kid some slack, for that reason. Don't want to lose a young talent--would be bad.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back