As a fan, can this season be topped??

Dumbvolfan

From a fans perspective, I think this has been one of the greatest seasons ever to sit back and watch. The program will probably have season judged as more successful, but none could ever be more entertaining!! From the suspensions to the Kansas/Kentucky games to the final buzzer, it cant get any better!!!

I would think it is fairly obvious that it could be topped...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It's been an unbelieveable year, but i'm just going to take a wild guess and say if we could reach the final 4, championship game, and become national champs, it would top this season.

As far as storyline goes, I doubt it. Results wise, this season can definitely be topped

From a fans perspective, I think this has been one of the greatest seasons ever to sit back and watch. The program will probably have season judged as more successful, but none could ever be more entertaining!! From the suspensions to the Kansas/Kentucky games to the final buzzer, it cant get any better!!!

No, losing in the Elite 8 is the pinnacle of college basketball.

If Florida can win it, UT can definitely win it. If you would have asked us 20 years ago if we would one day win the NCAA Tournament, we would have said "are you nuts?" It wasn't really even a goal or a dream for us because it was too outrageous. We thought it was awesome to be in it. That didn't happen until 1987. Now we've got a bunch of people who want to fire Donovan if he goes four five years without winning it. Pearl will get it done one day. He's really good. I'd take him at UF any day. IF Donovan were to move on.

Overall, it was a great season for Tennessee basketball. I wish, like we all do, that the season ended a different way but it was a fun ride. Tennessee basketball is on the rise and I am excited about next year. Thank you Vols.

From a story stand point and a "struggle to rise" perspective, it will be hard for future teams to achieve what this one has. It's all been like a movie or a "Friday Night Lights" of basketball. For that, this team will always be loved and respected.

However, I would prefer a season in which half of our starters don't get suspended, we actually beat Vandy, and we advance further in the tournament (SEC and NCAA).

but seeing all those Kentucky fans so disappointed after their dream team came up short was amazing.

VN Store

Back