Article: Who will have No. 1 class in 2020?

bleedingTNorange

Basketball Recruiting - McDonald's Nuggets: Top 2020 class, updated prediction, more

2) Rick Barnes has done a terrific job building Tennessee back into a national power and has the Volunteers right behind Duke at No. 2. With the recent addition of five-star shooting guard Keon Johnson(No. 17), to go along with five-star forward Corey Walker (No. 24), this class has real staying power near the top of the rankings. Five-star guard Jaden Springer(No. 12) is another five-star who could end up in Knoxville and the Volunteers are also right there for four-star big men P.J. Hall(No. 67) and Dylan Cardwell (No. 115). Keep an eye on how Tennessee closes here as the Vols could be a dark horse for No. 1 overall.

Would be very doable to have the #1 class this year. Hoping that we get it.

So excited about this class. I haven't been able to watch any video on Cardwell yet, anyone in particular you'd compare his game to?

So excited about this class. I haven't been able to watch any video on Cardwell yet, anyone in particular you'd compare his game to?
He’s your typical raw athletic big man, that’s developed on the defensive end and rebounding but offensively is essentially limited to a dunker...but thats ok, he knows what he’s good at and he doesn’t try to be something he’s not.

Reactions: sport3500
He’s your typical raw athletic big man, that’s developed on the defensive end and rebounding but offensively is essentially limited to a dunker...but thats ok, he knows what he’s good at and he doesn’t try to be something he’s not.

Sounds good to me I can roll with that

With all the elite players we've been reeling in lately, it looks like Rick is earning that raise. The future looks extremely bright.
But I hope the staffers putting in the yeoman's work are getting a bump in pay, too.

With all the elite players we've been reeling in lately, it looks like Rick is earning that raise. The future looks extremely bright.
But I hope the staffers putting in the yeoman's work are getting a bump in pay, too.

The upside of losing great assistants is that the pool of candidates grows when TN has to go fishing for a future head coach. If Barnes were to retire tonight, the names to consider would include Pearl, Forbes, Lanier, and Oliver. I'd actually like to see Schwartz and English in the mix, but they need some experience that they won't gain from TN's bench.

Here's one that makes me throw up in my mouth a lot. Steven F. Pearl. Here are a couple that do the opposite... Grant, Admiral, and Josh R.

I hope it works out..
I really believe Penny is going to be thorn in the side to Kentucky and some other programs..
cannot believe Memphis did not make the list..
I am all VOLS but Penny is recruiting really well...

Reactions: SlyStone
-------------------------------------------------
You may want to check the history of Barnes, here, as regards staff pay. He did not know he was committing a violation,
and was paying one ass. coach extra, to bump his pay up to what Barnes thought it should be---payed out of his own funds.
Both Fulmer and Barnes are about compensating successful coaches well.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
The upside of losing great assistants is that the pool of candidates grows when TN has to go fishing for a future head coach. If Barnes were to retire tonight, the names to consider would include Pearl, Forbes, Lanier, and Oliver. I'd actually like to see Schwartz and English in the mix, but they need some experience that they won't gain from TN's bench.

Here's one that makes me throw up in my mouth a lot. Steven F. Pearl. Here are a couple that do the opposite... Grant, Admiral, and Josh R.
-----------------------------
Maybe one or two or the others could be candidates...
,but Bruce Pearl is not going to ever be a coach here, again.

Reactions: onevol74 and lynnh

I think Tennessee would attract a much higher profile name than Forbes, Lanier and Oliver.

They recently received a pay raise.

-----------------------------
Maybe one or two or the others could be candidates...
,but Bruce Pearl is not going to ever be a coach here, again.

He'd certainly be "considered". But since he continues to have a problem being truthful and that's what cost him his job at TN, I'm burning my Vol Card if he's ever brought back.

I think Tennessee would attract a much higher profile name than Forbes, Lanier and Oliver.

If the comp stayed at $5mm, then yes... some up and comer can be lured from a MM. But chances are the next coach will make $3mm or less. If it opened up today, I'd think that Forbes would be the front runner.

How many turned down UCLA? How many passed on the big bucks during UT's last head FB coaching position?

VN Store

Back