Art Briles reportedly fired

Seems legit

Pete Mundo from CBS Sports Radio specifically refutes Forde on this. Says he likes Forde but he's dead wrong on this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeteMundo?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Pete Mundo ‏@PeteMundo
According to people I've spoken with in past 12 hours, Tom Herman to Baylor has real legs

Colt Barber ‏@Colt_247Sports
Can confirm report by @PeteMundo that Houston HC Tom Herman has met w/ Baylor about opening

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:​

Pete Mundo from CBS Sports Radio specifically refutes Forde on this. Says he likes Forde but he's dead wrong on this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeteMundo?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Pete Mundo ‏@PeteMundo
According to people I've spoken with in past 12 hours, Tom Herman to Baylor has real legs

Can confirm report by @PeteMundo that Houston HC Tom Herman has met w/ Baylor about opening

Why have a face to face in July about a 2017 coaching gig? Use some logic here lol

Herman is not jumping to Baylor, especially with the Texas job and the possibility of it becoming available this year.

I personally think Strong has to pull off another sub .500 year to lose his job. The recruiting winds are shifting back towards Austin and Texas will have the talent going forward.

I personally think Strong has to pull off another sub .500 year to lose his job. The recruiting winds are shifting back towards Austin and Texas will have the talent going forward.

if he hovers around .500 and loses to Oklahoma he will be gone.

Herman is not jumping to Baylor, especially with the Texas job and the possibility of it becoming available this year.

Will Herman allow Texas to hand pick his assistants as they are so apt to do? He sure as heck isn't taking Applewhite (OC) with him...not after Major's last stint there.

A face to face? That's not how these things work lol. You sound ridiculous lol

65804167.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Will Herman allow Texas to hand pick his assistants as they are so apt to do? He sure as heck isn't taking Applewhite (OC) with him...not after Major's last stint there.

Winning tends to forgive a lot of sins.

With the hiring of Mack Rhoades as Baylor's new athletic director, Houston football coach Tom Herman clearly moves into the front-runner position to be Baylor's next head football coach. While at Houston, Rhoades personally interviewed all candidates and gave Herman his first head football coaching job, and they have a close relationship which continues even after Rhoades left for Missouri.

oOXDJDU.jpg

Question for BU Bear -- is the NCAA going to put BU on probation, somewhat like they did Penn St ?

Question for BU Bear -- is the NCAA going to put BU on probation, somewhat like they did Penn St ?

As critical as I am of how Baylor has handled this entire issue, the NCAA has no business getting involved.

Let the Big XII kick Baylor out if they want to, but that's as far as it should go.

He will take a job a Texas wayyyyyyyy before he would consider Baylor. Don't kid yourself.....or do because it's rather funny to watch.

Rhoades owes Mizzou more money than university paid him | Eye on the Tigers | stltoday.com

So shortly after they didn't meet face-to-face Baylor didn't hire his former AD (including his $800k buyout) and basically double Rhoades salary?

Rhoades, who earlier this week accepted the athletics director job at Baylor, must pay MU $800,000 for leaving before the end of his five-year contract. Rhoades’ contract calls for a $1 million buyout if he leaves before the final six months of the deal, though that amount is reduced by $200,000 on each of the first four anniversary dates of his first day in office, which was April 27, 2015.

MU paid Rhoades $600,000 in base salary from his first day on the job through June 30, 2016. After June 30, any salary increase was subject for review by chancellor Hank Foley and interim system president Mike Middleton.

Baylor plans to formally introduce Rhoades as AD at a news conference Monday in Waco, Texas. As a private university, Baylor is not obligated to disclose Rhoades’ salary, but sources have indicated the Big 12 school will pay him a guaranteed $1 million salary with long-term security.

He moved to Columbia last year from Houston where he had been AD at the University of Houston since 2009.

It would really suck to not hand pick your boss (again) just like Babers didn't recently do at Syracuse...because that's not how it generally works.

Last edited:

I think bamawriter hit the nail on the head:

As critical as I am of how Baylor has handled this entire issue, the NCAA has no business getting involved.

The NCAA is still wiping egg off their faces over all the goodies the had to return/restore to Penn St.

I think bamawriter hit the nail on the head:

The NCAA is still wiping egg off their faces over all the goodies the had to return/restore to Penn St.

With the recent news on JoePa it seems they returned goodies too soon.

Pete Mundo ‏@PeteMundo

This should help.

Ex-Baylor Bears star Shawn Oakman indicted for sexual assault

VN Store

Back