Arkansas

AurantiacoFan

They are really good. We hung with them. Even though we were at home and allowed a crowd, we still hung toe to toe.

I saw a stat that said Arkansas has played in front of the largest crowds of any program in the country, and with an average crowd size that is more than double the next team. Supposedly, several schools "opened" their stadium up to fans to attend for the Arkansas series. I wonder if playing in front of large, hostile crowds helps the Razorbacks in the CWS, if they make it. The pressure they have played in front of is something other teams have not apparently had to do to the same degree. This makes their season even more impressive, in my opinion, as they played a tough schedule, but played it under more hostile competitive environments than did others at the same time.

ZERO shame in this series. Get em again when it matters the most. Fans showed up and showed out this weekend. That could lead to commitment of major resources to this program by UT administration moving forward. Go Vols.

3 1-run games against the #1 ranked team in America. Absolutely no shame in that.

They are really good. We hung with them. Even though we were at home and allowed a crowd, we still hung toe to toe.

I saw a stat that said Arkansas has played in front of the largest crowds of any program in the country, and with an average crowd size that is more than double the next team. Supposedly, several schools "opened" their stadium up to fans to attend for the Arkansas series. I wonder if playing in front of large, hostile crowds helps the Razorbacks in the CWS, if they make it. The pressure they have played in front of is something other teams have not apparently had to do to the same degree. This makes their season even more impressive, in my opinion, as they played a tough schedule, but played it under more hostile competitive environments than did others at the same time.
I'm sure most series have been close to allowed capacity with Arkansas. U of Arkansas really has an edge that they should take advantage of every year in all the major sports. They are LITERALLY the only game in town (or state) with NO real competition from anything. Not a criticism just an interesting fact. Can you imagine if the Vols were the only game in town (state)? We have several pro sports teams to compete with statewide not to mention other colleges. I have a close friend who played at Arkansas and coached under Nutt and he said ALL sports eyes from the state are on you with few exceptions. But there baseball team is a complete team and the Vols showed they'd right there with them!

They said earlier in the season that unless there were more than 8 teams from the same conference that all 8 teams should be able to make it to Omaha. They would not seed top teams where they would play each other before Omaha so if we are in top 8 they should not put us against each other. Now if SEC teams are 9-16 they may have to go out west or up north for Super Regional.

Reactions: TN_gal
I was thinking during this series where does all this talent Ark has come from....I just looked at their roster and of course a lot comes from Ark, but they also have several from TX....Some from OK and some from Kansas also. Others just from here and there...I saw one from Nashville.

I was thinking during this series where does all this talent Ark has come from....I just looked at their roster and of course a lot comes from Ark, but they also have several from TX....Some from OK and some from Kansas also. Others just from here and there...I saw one from Nashville.

Arkansas traditionally hits the Kansas City and east Texas areas very hard. KC produces quite a bit of baseball talent and there’s not really much competition for it, just 3 hours from Fayetteville.

Interesting tidbit. Jack Sells' kid signed with Arky out of Ravenwood. Has since transferred. You'll remember Jack faxed formations to Zook in Kinkogate back in the 80's.

Reactions: Bigun
Interesting tidbit. Jack Sells' kid signed with Arky out of Ravenwood. Has since transferred. You'll remember Jack faxed formations to Zook in Kinkogate back in the 80's.

Jack used to be a medical device / pharma recruiter at some point and contacted me years ago about a position with a device company. Don’t know what he’s doing now

We have children that graduated from both schools and loved the series. Tennessee definitely showed it belonged and should go far in the post season. Arkansas just has a little bit more experience right now.

Reactions: TN_gal
We have children that graduated from both schools and loved the series. Tennessee definitely showed it belonged and should go far in the post season. Arkansas just has a little bit more experience right now.
I think you hit the nail on the head....experience. But it was good to see how close the Vols are to the #1 team. I wasn't sure it they hang

VN Store

Back