Arkansas has 36 points with 9:42 left....

NationofVols

Against a team that is in their 3rd game in 24 hours. I don't care what kind of miraculous feat Georgia looks like they're about to pull off, we gave up 92 to this team that can barely hit a shot. Embarrassing.

Kudos to Georgia, assuming they don't blow a 15 point lead with 9 minutes left. Good to have another SEC team in the tournament, but Arkansas isn't doing us any favors as far as any hopes of keeping that #1 seed if Texas wins.

Against a team that is in their 3rd game in 24 hours. I don't care what kind of miraculous feat Georgia looks like they're about to pull off, we gave up 92 to this team that can barely hit a shot. Embarrassing.

Kudos to Georgia, assuming they don't blow a 15 point lead with 9 minutes left. Good to have another SEC team in the tournament, but Arkansas isn't doing us any favors as far as any hopes of keeping that #1 seed if Texas wins.

:cray::cray:

I know it's not so just because I say so (thanks for teaching that little nugget), but this is a very different Arky team than the one we played yesterday. UGA's D isn't causing the problems for Arky.

Good point BigPapa. It's amazing what a little bit of inspired defense can do for you.

I know several UGA fans and all of them hate Dennis Felton and want him out of there. You gotta have something going for you to get your players ready for this and actually get it done on top of that.

IMO it is the difference in a team that yesterday was playing for their tournament lives, and today a team that came in thinking they should easily win a game against a tired and below average team

Both teams are exhausted, they are not championship caliber teams... UGA played two games yesterday and Arkansas gave about all theyve got for the next month or so to us last night

Dennis Felton just went from fired to contract extension in less than 36 hours. Amazing how fast things can change.

It really doesn't matter for us. If we get a top seed, it's only because of the RPI, and Jawja winning actually helps us more because we beat them twice, and with the win, they're going to move into the RPI top 100.

The question is will it push us over North Carolina?

And I think Felton's a solid coach... I've believed that for a long time- just doesn't have the talent to work with...

He is a good coach. You don't do what Jawja did without having a very good coach. He took over a program that Harrick royally screwed and he's had some bad luck.

Looks like UNC held us off in the RPI, by .0027. Jawja moved up from 103 to 89 with the win and gave us two more quality wins, but it wasn't enough to put us back on top.

Arkansas lost the game for the same reason we lost other piss poor road games this season. Lack of concentration and looking ahead. One word sums up our season and that is inconsistency. We should handle Indiana but UNC will be the end of our tourney hopes. This inspired winning reminds me of another SEC coach that we just fired. Oh well I guess ole piss will have lots of moral victories to yell about next year.

Congrats to the VolNation on their season and goodluck at a deep run into the tourney.....

VN Store

Back