Arkansas fixing to make a splash hire!!! (Butch Jones)

The team won the games and had the success they had in spite of Butch's poor coaching. Dobbs and DB, to name a couple, real talk willed us to a few big wins that overcame a poor gameplan and even worse adjustments.
Yeah.
Lot of smoke and mirrors just to get to 8-4 in a bad east division.

Reactions: memtownvol
I don't understand Arkansas. It seems obvious that they need to offer Norvell. He knows the Memphis area, has roots to Arkansas via his wife, and plays the type of offense that can utilize the younger guys that Morris recruited. Maybe he turns them down for something better but why are they considering someone like Butch Jones when the answer is staring them in the face?

He is who most of the fans want too but apparently something unrelated to football scared some of the admin/boosters off during the last coaching search. He still owns a house in Arkansas and has family here so it seems like it makes perfect sense to me.

He is who most of the fans want too but apparently something unrelated to football scared some of the admin/boosters off during the last coaching search. He still owns a house in Arkansas and has family here so it seems like it makes perfect sense to me.
Don’t we play them next year? Makes this hire a bit more interesting.

I've read that Mike Norvell has struggled with a gambling problem. Mike Norvell is better off staying at Memphis than he would be going to Arkansas.

Reactions: memtownvol
I've read that Mike Norvell has struggled with a gambling problem. Mike Norvell is better off staying at Memphis than he would be going to Arkansas.

Certainly Memphis has a better team now than Arkansas but the potential is
much higher in Arkansas. Yes, it’s a tough job but what job is easy in the SEC?

If Norvell has had gambling issues in the past, hope he has gotten help with that whatever he decides to do.

Report: Butch Jones being considered at Arkansas

I hate bringing him up too..........but how awesome would it be to go to Ark and pile drive his team into the ground if he gets the job? Also, he likes to rub in Alabama wins (which he did nothing to achieve by washing Sabans car and fetching coffee) by smoking Cigars? I say we start a tradition that everytime we beat him we do photo op's sipping on some fine Tennessee whiskey after an Arkansas W!!!!

I think it would be a display of tremendous perseverance for Lyle to take his coaching skills to Arkansas. 85 individuals, all Champions of Life with 5-Star Hearts, playing 60 minutes of Complimentary Football.

It's about grit. It's about the will to win. It's a brick-by-brick process that speaks to the resilience and tenacity of the football team. Team 114 will be ready!

I can't emphatically say how bad I want Arky to hire Butch Jones. This would provide plenty of comical moments and would ensure Arkansas stays a dumpster fire.

Reactions: Hoghater
I’ve got $100 right now that says he’s the leader in the clubhouse but when it comes down to $$$, cents, and signing the papers he’ll respectfully decline.

VN Store

Back