Arkansas fans and their band in Neyland Stadium

I'm gonna post this now cause I'm gonna try my best to forget this day ever happened when I wake up tomorrow.

I have never seen a classier fan base inside our stadium. They are the only fans I've ever seen clap along with us for things not related to the game. Like the pre game band, the '65 team, and anything else we were cheering and clapping for.

Their band, small as it was, was a class act as well. They didn't play over us like most do.

College football includes the fans that are at the games as well as the teams. Just wanted to give the Razorbacks kudos.

Must have been the Little Rock crowd. I've never met a better group of people than their fans in Little Rock. Having been to Fayetteville twice, that group of Hogs fans is one of the most disgusting representations of humanity that I've ever seen.

I lived in AR for ten years. Married a razorback and it has worked out well! My time in AR was enjoyable even as I wore TN orange on Game days and sometimes on Fridays. I consider the Hogs a secondary, adopted team. I still wanted to beat the crap out of them yesterday and thought we would!
The days where we dominate our opponent will return. I have no doubts about that. It's taking far longer than my patience can stand.

Your band playing our fight song was class. Arkansas needs to steal that idea. I met a lot of classy Vols vans, even after the game. Hope we can return the hospitality the next time you are in Fayetteville. Eastern TN reminds me of the Ozarks - Beautiful. I wish nothing but the best for the Vols.

Reactions: 3 people
Your band playing our fight song was class. Arkansas needs to steal that idea.

I am not sure when this tradition started, but we have been doing it since I can remember, which dates back to my first game in 1987.

I have been to several other schools, and the only other school I can remember doing it is Notre Dame.

I'm gonna post this now cause I'm gonna try my best to forget this day ever happened when I wake up tomorrow.

I have never seen a classier fan base inside our stadium. They are the only fans I've ever seen clap along with us for things not related to the game. Like the pre game band, the '65 team, and anything else we were cheering and clapping for.

Their band, small as it was, was a class act as well. They didn't play over us like most do.

College football includes the fans that are at the games as well as the teams. Just wanted to give the Razorbacks kudos.
They were awesome. We rode back on the bus with a bunch to the Civic Center and they talked about our wonderful stadium and how nice our fans were. I agree, they clapped for our 65 players, etc. I was really impressed.

They didn't, and their conduct isn't the point.

We lost tonight!!!

Talking up their fanbase is the salt you are grinding into my open wound.

Being classy in a win is easy.

Being classy in a loss is harder.

I HATE the HOGS TONIGHT!

Why don't you?

Because she's a classy Vol lady... Classy when we win; classy when we lose. She sets a good example...

Reactions: 1 person
First of all, don't ever hesitate to disagree with me. (I mean, don't call me names that are against board rules or anything, but we've all got opinions. :) )

Second, I didn't to mean to make anybody feel bad. It just caught my attention that opposing fans were really showing great sportsmanship at the game. I just don't see it that often.

And C, I feel sorry for any fan base that has to holler like a pig. I feel equally sorry for fans who have to wear stuff that says "gamecock".

I hate losing.

LOL...100% in agreement!
:clapping:

Reactions: 1 person
Wait until this coming week-end, nothing worse than a bunch of drunk arrogant dawg fans that bought all their tickets from Tennessee fans and they'll be alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll over Neyland Stadium!! Then we have to hear go dogs sic em woof woof woof, LOL ... Then if they bring their whole band of course they'll play over ours- yes let's welcome them to Neyland Stadium.. sorry Volly, I had to get that out my system! :birgits_giggle:

Because she's a classy Vol lady... Classy when we win; classy when we lose. She sets a good example...

Yep. That's one thing that I've always been proud of with the exception of a few hiccups (F. Florida! Which were mostly students anyway) is that visiting fans can come here and not be harassed or treated like dirt. We are a little different in that regard at Tennessee than some other schools.

Sick of walking to my car surrounded by happy fans loving their "Neyland game day experience". Seen a few with covered wagon hats and hog heads. And the pedestrian traffic wearing orange, heads down, some cussing, some listening to the religious nutjob screaming his head off about gladiator violence.. (that guy needs a dose of 3rd down for what).

Yes, Kudo's for well behaved nice visiting fans. We are somewhat responsible for their mood.

I don't expect it, but wouldn't it be great to see some pissed off Bulldog's cussing Richt, sick of hearing Rocky Top and ready to hit the bottle because of their loss. I seem to remember those days... (heavy sigh)

WTH is a kudos ! I may want one too !

A granola bar from the 80s

user-image-1209169754_thumb.jpg

Yep. That's one thing that I've always been proud of with the exception of a few hiccups (F. Florida! Which were mostly students anyway) is that visiting fans can come here and not be harassed or treated like dirt. We are a little different in that regard at Tennessee than some other schools.

Just maybe we need to be less passive and more aggressive? :good!:

You missed the point too. I expected some to.

The point is your team is coached by a guy who's knowledge of the game seems to be sucky, which makes your 2 top 5 or whatever they were classes of players seem to be sucky too, and you're finding a silver lining in the other teams band "small as it was". Lucky for Arkansas the size of the band has no direct influence on the outcome on the field.

And I'll go ahead and steal the Thunder. Yes I'm a UK fan, yes Yall will probably beat us. But I've so lived thru the same thing for a decade with our bbAll team. Premier programs needs premier coaches, and fans who hold Ath Dept to high standards.

First of all, don't ever hesitate to disagree with me. (I mean, don't call me names that are against board rules or anything, but we've all got opinions. :) )

Second, I didn't to mean to make anybody feel bad. It just caught my attention that opposing fans were really showing great sportsmanship at the game. I just don't see it that often.

And C, I feel sorry for any fan base that has to holler like a pig. I feel equally sorry for fans who have to wear stuff that says "gamecock".

I hate losing.

I've not been to neyland in 10+ years, but the last time I was there, 98,000 people were howling like dogs. Don't put on airs.

Had about 4-5 Hogs sitting behind me up in OO, and we talked at various points during the game..They seemed like classy guys, and once it was over I told them to beat Bama for us.

Just maybe we need to be less passive and more aggressive? :good!:

Oh we are plenty aggressive. We are quick to eat our own.

I'm just saying that mistreating other fans or defacing their property like what has been done to some of our fans is unacceptable. The "F Florida" chant last year made me cringe. It screams sore loser and all it really does is gratify your opponent. I know that if we ever knock off Florida in the swamp again and they were to scream F Tennessee id smile knowing that we really got under their skin.

Oh we are plenty aggressive. We are quick to eat our own.

I'm just saying that mistreating other fans or defacing their property like what has been done to some of our fans is unacceptable. The "F Florida" chant last year made me cringe. It screams sore loser and all it really does is gratify your opponent. I know that if we ever knock off Florida in the swamp again and they were to scream F Tennessee id smile knowing that we really got under their skin.

Oh I won't mistreat or deface any property but if an opposing fan says something to me or gets in my face, it's on! Oh I don't pay attention to that stupid F chant, they've done it for years.. I agree, I'd smile too if we ever beat them in that nasty swamp and they chanted that... talk about a compliment very well due! LOL

VN Store

Back