• Arizona

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • Stanford

Votes: 43 52.4%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 16 19.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Arizona has a really good defense. It bothered Stanford just as it did UConn. Stanford also knew McDonald very well and cut hof her favorite spots. It was good defends from both teams that contributed to their bad shooting. Both Stanford and UConn are good offensive teams but Arizona made them both look bad.

Arizona has a really good defense. It bothered Stanford just as it did UConn. Stanford also knew McDonald very well and cut hof her favorite spots. It was good defends from both teams that contributed to their bad shooting. Both Stanford and UConn are good offensive teams but Arizona made them both look bad.
I think if Arizona had started the game stronger they would have won it.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I was surprised that Arizona hung around as poorly as they shot the ball. Not uncommon for a team who scores a lot from outside to tighten up as the pressure mounts. Regardless, it was an excellent run Arizona fans should be proud of.

It was flippin' great!

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
Aamari McDonald being a senior and an AA by all rights should have gotten that final shot for Arizona. However everybody in tvland and at the game knew she was going to get the ball. Consequently she got a very low percentage shot off falling away from the basket for the loss. Me as a coach? I get the ball to Baptiste and she either puts it in or gets the foul.

Last edited:
Was glad to see a team without a top 20 recruit almost win the National title. They beat a couple of teams loaded with five stars and almost made it three. Congrats to them and their coach for showing what a team can do with players that believe in a system.

Aamari McDonald being a senior and an AA by all rights should have gotten that final shot for Arizona. However everybody in tvland and at the game knew she was going to get the ball. Consequentyly she got a very low percentage shot off falling away from the basket for the loss. Me as a coach? I get the ball to Baptiste and she either puts it in or gets the foul.

I get what you’re saying, and it might have given ‘Zona a better shot. That said, I really don’t think anyone in the program, past or present, would ever have been able to forgive Adia Barnes if she’d given that opportunity to Baptiste (or anyone besides McDonald) and then Baptiste missed.

No, in this particular case, it had to be McDonald taking that last shot, regardless of the fact that everyone knew it would be. It’s not like AM hasn’t made miracle shots before. She’s the best in the country at finding a way to score. Just all the way around, I believe everyone on that team wanted the fate of the team in McDonald’s hands, and she nearly pulled it off!

VN Store

Back