Arian Foster

7IlikeOrange7

Gr8 2 B A TENNESSEE VOL
I think its definately easy to say foster could be the best all around back weve had, but the real question is will he be. He has such a rare combo of power, speed, wiggle, and vision. I cant remember a back that was as versatile as he is. He can juke you, run you over, run past you whatever he needs to do. Jamal could run over you and run past you but i dont recal him havin many moves. Stephens could juke you and out run you but he couldnt flatten you.... i think foster is the combonation of all of those. What do yall think.?

I think if Foster works on finishing his runs and not running out of steam before he gets to the endzone, he could excellent instead of great.

I think that will come. He has most certainly been a bright spot in our dark season. Even if he never gets that close out speed, he will be a big threat.

Get him a good back to compliment him and give us a 1-2 punch and he won't have to carry the ball 40 times and won't be as tired resulting in more finishes.

Here's his mother's quote re the Cut appointment"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I've been asked for Arian's reaction to Coach Cut's hire
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and I did just talk to Arian. They met with Coach Cut before the press conference. He said there was a lot of talk about discipline, working on the little things and coming in with every postition up for grabs. He seems real upbeat and open to the change. As for a personal opinion of Coach Cut, Arian is not capable of giving one as he is the type who needs to spend some time with a person before he can gauge how he feels about him. But he's feeling positive about the whole change now and is ready to get things rolling.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Originally posted by Arclight@Nov 28, 2005 7:01 PM
Here's his mother's quote re the Cut appointment"

I've been asked for Arian's reaction to Coach Cut's hire

and I did just talk to Arian. They met with Coach Cut before the press conference. He said there was a lot of talk about discipline, working on the little things and coming in with every postition up for grabs. He seems real upbeat and open to the change. As for a personal opinion of Coach Cut, Arian is not capable of giving one as he is the type who needs to spend some time with a person before he can gauge how he feels about him. But he's feeling positive about the whole change now and is ready to get things rolling.

[snapback]204279[/snapback]​

You can add Ainge to that list too. I think he even went as far to say that it would be great to have someone to teach the QB's.. :focus:

I'm really looking forward to next year, especially with every position being up for grabs, I think that we could have a better version of Houston/Riggs with Foster/Coker, Foster has that ability to truck people and the vision to make things happen, and Coker has the ability to burn defenses with his speed, I think both of them will be huge next year, especially since Hardesty has had surgery and will still be recovering.

this reminds me too much of all the Erik Ainge talk at the end of the season last year, it scares me so lets not get hyped up on him yet.

Originally posted by mattvols@Nov 28, 2005 7:09 PM
this reminds me too much of all the Erik Ainge talk at the end of the season last year, it scares me so lets not get hyped up on him yet.
[snapback]204296[/snapback]​

I haven't seen anyone in this thread getting hyped up on Ainge....have you?

"As for a personal opinion of Coach Cut, Arian is not capable of giving one as he is the type who needs to spend some time with a person before he can gauge how he feels about him."

+++++++++++++++++++==

I bet Arian has a hint/hunch about how he feels about Cut. :wink2:

Oh, criminey. Who's mom are we going to hear from next? PF's? Mine?

My mom: "Yeah, she thinks PF needs to work on discipline, but she's upbeat about the whole thing. We're just going to spend the off season working on finding the right channel for each ballgame and see where we go from there."

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Nov 28, 2005 7:14 PM
I haven't seen anyone in this thread getting hyped up on Ainge....have you?
[snapback]204300[/snapback]​

I said last year everyone was hyped on Ainge and saying he would win heisman by senior year, we all know how he did this year, Foster is now getting all the talk saying he'll get heisman by the time hes out too, it scares me that Ainge's sophomore melt down could happen to Foster too.

It was reported on govols.com that Foster has to have offseason knee ans shoulder surgery and probably won't be ready for spring practice but will be back for fall. This could certainly slow him down a little.

Originally posted by swami2302@Nov 28, 2005 9:38 PM
It was reported on govols.com that Foster has to have offseason knee ans shoulder surgery and probably won't be ready for spring practice but will be back for fall.  This could certainly slow him down a little.
[snapback]204433[/snapback]​

yeah possibly both shoulders and remove some torn cartlidge from his knee. he played very well injured.

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Nov 28, 2005 9:55 PM
No, he won't be the best back we've ever had.
[snapback]204555[/snapback]​

uhh oh..... that settles it. He has spoken!

Arian is also a great example of how overrated or in this case underrated scouting reports can be.

Originally posted by cibai@Nov 28, 2005 11:40 PM
Arian is also a great example of how overrated or in this case underrated scouting reports can be.
[snapback]204638[/snapback]​

thats very true.. you just cant ever be for sure! he was a 3 star i think but your right he never got all talked up or anything.

Originally posted by VolsWinRLose@Nov 28, 2005 8:18 PM
Oh, criminey. Who's mom are we going to hear from next? PF's? Mine?

My mom: "Yeah, she thinks PF needs to work on discipline, but she's upbeat about the whole thing. We're just going to spend the off season working on finding the right channel for each ballgame and see where we go from there."
[snapback]204308[/snapback]​

:lolabove: good one...

Originally posted by 7IlikeOrange7@Nov 28, 2005 7:51 PM
I think its definately easy to say foster could be the best all around back weve had, but the real question is will he be.  He has such a rare combo of power, speed, wiggle, and vision.  I cant remember a back that was as versatile as he is.  He can juke you, run you over, run past you whatever he needs to do.  Jamal could run over you and run past you but i dont recal him havin many moves.  Stephens could juke you and out run you but he couldnt flatten you.... i think foster is the combonation of all of those.  What do yall think.?
[snapback]204263[/snapback]​

I wouldn't go that far just yet...he's had one year, he needs to develop some more...and recover from surgery...

but if you want to talk about best backs at UT...well, Chuck Webb, Tony Thompson, and Charlie Garner are going to be tough to beat...Charlie Garner was great...And Chuck Webb, what a sad story...he could have been soooooooooo good it's scary....

Originally posted by GAVol@Nov 29, 2005 1:57 PM
Chuck Webb and Reggie Cobb were both unreal . . .
[snapback]204897[/snapback]​

They were the really the first backs that I remember. I went to games when I was younger but it was the Cobb-Webb combination that began to open my eyes to Tennessee football.

Yeah I remember the first time I saw "Cobb-Webb Connection" in a headline and thinking how cool that was.

VN Store

Back